Picking list of all parts from all orders.

Sometimes when I have multiple orders it try and pick them at the same time on certain parts.
This is to save me from getting a box out getting parts, putting it back and then 10 mins later with another order going back to the same box.

Is it possible to add a 'Picking List All Parts' button?
So if for example I have 5 orders all the parts are merged into one list in order. I then pick this list and then sort out the individual orders.

Not sure if other stores do this or if it's down to my poor storage design? Box on box on box without shelves!!

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • i do it the same way.
    I print out all of the picking lists from every order and later that day after I closed my store I will go and pick the orders all at once.

a combined picking list would save me a lot of paper and ink.. :-)
  • Wouldn't there be the danger of putting the right part in the wrong order?
  • I never had a issue doing it that way. I always double check with the order page on the computer screen
  • edited July 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    There is a slight risk of that happening.
    I always double check orders. (Still make silly mistakes though)

I think I'd do the initial pick using my iPad for the list.
    I'd then print out each order and cross the parts out as I add to each orders picking tub.
  • I've been thinking about how this would work and I think you'd actually need to choose which orders to do this with.

For example. This weekend I currently have 5 orders. 1 has 161 lots and the other 4 have a 24 lots combined.
    So the big order doesn't really need to be included.

I can see a slight problem if different orders have the same part/colour but different quantities. You'd need to write the number on the bag if they were similar quantities.

@admin is this possible?
    A picking list combine button where we select which orders to combine. Parts should not be combined together but kept in original order quanties.
  • For reference, we experimented with this a couple of years ago and did an informal little time study. We didn't find any material benefit to it, but I'm sure others may find different results.

Pro: reduced time opening drawers/bags

Con: order re-verification time -- even though we picked the lots into sorting trays from a master pick list, each order needed us to go back through the trays to fill and check off the order's pick list. The time for this second round, or "picking from the picked" if you will, offset the drawer retrieval time savings

Con: physical space -- when we pick an individual order, it goes into a holding bin and waits to be packed. picking from a master pick list first picked everything into sorting trays for easy access. However we quickly ran out of counter space and had trays on top of each other, which increased the second round time.

Risk: order lot mixups -- we found that we were more nervous about mixing up lots in orders when we have multiple orders being picked simultaneously, so it made the picking process more cautious and slowed it down a bit.

Hope this is helpful to anyone considering. We have no issue with the suggestion -- if this method works for you, great.