Our very first user submitted inventory

It may be a bit of an easy one, but it's a start :)http://brickowl.com/catalog/lego-servo-motor-set-88004#inventory

You can now submit new inventories, or add items to existing inventories.

It still needs a fair bit of work, especially in relating to altering existing items and removing existing items and the issue of minifigures in sets, but it's a start.

If anyone wants to try it out on an easy one, http://brickowl.com/catalog/lego-l-motor-set-88003 needs an inventory

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have been test-driving this entry form today and ran across an obstacle...

When I have added, say, a 1 x 1 brick in a particular color, when I go to add it in a second color (after entering several other lines) it just causes the the previous 1 x 1 line to jump to the bottom of the list. I can't get it to add a second line for a part already entered.
  • Thank you for noticing that, after much jiggery-pokeree you should now be able to add the same item multiple times in different colours
  • Working for me now

I was a good way through something, hit the wrong spot on the screen and lost everything on refresh.

Maybe something we could submit to remember so far, another to final submit to you? Something to help with that would be nice if it's not in the works.

Thanks

On the list position memory, the search is so good I never used the list. :)
  • edited July 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Not the best response you want to hear from me, but it is a bit fragile at the moment so don't spend a lot of time on something in case it breaks :) Will consider some sort of state saving
  • Also, you can just submit it when you're only half done, and then submit the other half, but then you will probably forget what you've submitted
  • so I too, I finally submitted my first inventory (a very small one though). Sold a little vintage set on BL today, and thought that checking/packing is the right moment to try inventory here. Once I had found out that I have to clear the catalog screen before adding the next part it was easy going.
  • Thankyou. Could you clarify what you mean by "clear the catalog screen"?
  • This evening I submitted a complete inventory - although at the moment it is actually a little bit *more* than complete, with three "extra" lines I made mistakes on! I was not able to delete these lines - whenever I scrolled over the checkbox on the right, a little "No Entry" sign popped up.

And I found the process to be faster if I didn't clear/close the catalog window for each new item. I just left it open. It also saved time to type in the part number vs. browsing the catalog by section. Some of the parts I was using don't have images yet, and they were often deep into the browsing list.
  • sorry: by 'clear the catalog screen' I meant that catalog window that appears above the inventory list. I had to click on the x before going on for the next line of inventory. When leaving it open to search/choose the next part, the add item didn't work for me.

• I've uploaded an inventory as well and encountered two problems:

1. I've added something by mistake and was not able to delete it, nor submit with 0 quantity.
    2. Part 4287 Black Slope, Inverted 33 3 x 1 is missing from catalog.
  • Same here. Missing the possibility to delete wrong items.

Another problem are the missing parts in catalog, so we cant do complete inventories and have to come back later again.
  • You can now remove items from an inventory. You can click the remove checkbox either to remove items that were already in an inventory, or to remove items you have just incorrectly added. If you incorrectly add something and have not yet submitted, and tick the box, it will ignore the row and I will never see it.
  • Thank you for your fast work on this. I just submitted a couple of changes for an inventory and doing so was a snap. One question - do you plan to add a "note to the admin" field on the inventory forms at some point, similar to what is on the regular edit page?
  • Great idea, I have done that now.