A word of caution with "Order Combining"

Admin is aware of this, and he stated will be fixing it.

Until then, what can (and did) happen is that shipping can be "downgraded" on the 2nd or subsequent orders…

In practice this is what happened recently - an urgent order placed, customer selected Priority Express (@ $19.95), then later added a few parts - apparently what they saw was all the shipping options again - Priority Express @ + $0.50 and Priority/first class "free".

They selected Priority "free". What then happened is I see that Priority was selected rather than Priority Express (on both orders) but they paid $19.95 rather than $6.35 ($5.85 + $.50).

Confused - I was! It looked like a glitch as there was no mention of "priority express" on the order screen

I didn't have time to contact the customer, being as they were on the West Coast and the latest I can go to the PO (to catch the days collection is 12 noon) - I had to decide - so I sent regular Priority and refunded the overpayment - this isn't what they wanted. If I had waited for an answer they would have gotten it the same day anyway.

Comments