Sharing Shipping Methods (from USA)

edited June 2014 in General Vote Up0Vote Down
Before I bog down the "sharing" system - please let me explain.

One of the first things that hit me when moving from the land of 3 price bands (England) or is it 4 now? - Yes for the whole world!

Then finding (from USA) 3 first class int bands, and 19 yes that is Nineteen Priority bands not too mention many others in Express etc.

I have spent quite a bit of time FINALLY sorting out shipping to many places - using a formula rather than "best guess" or an average. I am happy to share these with you… BUT...

… So I have gone thru and narrowed it down - I have selected ONLY countries where I can print postage at home (so as to get the 15% discount) then I have split those into "low risk" and "not-so low risk" (there are NO high risk countries)

For those destinations there are 3 options - First Class, Priority and Priority+ (insurance) and I have ended up with 30 methods - I **think**

The pricing is set at my cost + 4% + 60¢ (within ± ¢10). The results are considerably less than retail, so the customer is still getting a very reduced rate.

So to explain:: First class is available with an order value of up to $50 for "low risk" and/or where e-del-con is available

the others allow a First Class order value up to $25

Then regular Priority is available up to $110 (low risk) or $60 - this is not insured (as far as I can tell the $50 insurance only covers domestic mail - please correct me if I am wrong).

Then Priority+ is available up to $500 (low risk & PayPal max) or $220 and IS insured. The rate is set at the cost of $200 insurance, so $500 coverage will cost you a few $$

The "small flat rate box/envelope" is (as far as I can tell) NOT insurable… BUT the Med & Lge are (tho hardly worth the cost!)

You could, of course, modify to suit - altho I hope that doesn't change what I have???

Now if these would be useful to anyone PLEASE have a look at my "delivery" page and let me know - either here or pm, if so I shall seek the boss's approval and "share" if agreed - it's a lot!!

Graham