Contributions help

When posting contributions to the catalog would it be possible to allow deletion of my own? This is so if I realize something is wrong that I don't waste your time looking at it? Is it also possible to see a list of my own submissions that have been accepted or rejected (I don't need to see why) so I don't keep asking for the same thing to be changed without at least giving a good reason for you to consider?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You receive email for the catalog submissions that are rejected and why so you can fix the issue(s) and resubmit it corrected if necessary. If you add something that is not in the catalog you will also receive an email when it is accepted so you can add additional information about the item (i.e., weight, picture, etc).
    HTH
    Melissa

• Thanks Melissa.
    To be honest I thought that was the case although I have recently asked for some online cards (comes in the box with a code) to be added and they have not appeared yet although my submissions list is empty now. I haven’t had an email either way telling me what is happening (I know Lawrence is busy and appreciate everything he does on this site). I don’t want to submit these again without knowing what’s wrong with the last request as I have a few to sell (they are listed on BL).
    Do some of the changes take time? A number of my tag requests have appeared but others have not.
    Is there a place to request changes to the site? I.e. the option mentioned above to remove a submission I have done in error to avoid wasting time.
    Is there any guide for contributions or could anyone give any tips?
    What's the best way to request a new item so that it has a good chance of not being rejected?

Any help would be appreciated.
  • According to Lawrence, particular types of submissions do not show up in your pending list. Lawrence is also a one man show so it could take a few days for approvals.

For submittals, read each screen and follow the prompts. Lawrence has it set up fairly well. If you are unsure, bring up a similar approved item in a new tab/window and "edit" it. You won't change anything obviously but that will allow you to see the raw data in the fields.

Brian
  • Thanks Brian,
    I have to say that compared to BL this site is a lot more appealing and easier to use. I will wait for Lawrence to go through my present lot and then use what you have suggested on my next lot.