Lego Truck Trials in the UK

I cannot be the only person interested in this, any of you fine folks know of any that happen in the UK?

I have just built myself a cool little truck with 4x4 drive and some shiny bits, so would love to see it covered in mud.

Also, you any of you know any good off road tyres that fit the 42.6 x 26 (56908) wheel rim?

Cheers

Jayne
age 40
xxx

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I don't think Jayne would mind me mentioning, that aged 40 still likes making "brum brum" noises on the carpet with her trucks lol

Emma
    soon to be aged 40 : (
  • Ha haha, no I don't mind. I am enjoying my second childhood. My office where I do my writing is being taken over by Lego. Should I add that I am now very close to being 41 and that my first grandchild was born last month. Hopefully when little Luke grows up he can come round to Granny's house to play Lego and listen to death metal!

In regards to the tyres, thank you for your replay, but I am looking for non Lego ones with extra grip for truck trials. I had wondered if Tamiya tyres would fit from their dirt racers?

Remember folks, old age is a state of mind. People who stop playing grow old a lot sooner!
  • Well, if you are not opposed to using other brands, you may not be against studding some LEGO tires. Some screws through from the inside and you would have no shortage of grip. :)

(just turned 40 and building my own LEGO 4x4)
  • So we are all a bunch of 40 somethings playing with kids toys... 8-} Glad to know that I am in good company.

I like the idea of studding the tyres, but I am not sure that such an action is allowable in truck trials events. However given that the only information I can find on such things is for an event in Hungary a couple of years and they said that afterwards they had changed the rules so non lego tyres were allowable.

I will post up pictures of my 4x4 shortly if I can work out how to do it. :-B
  • This is my latest beast, all wheel drive with locked diffs, live axle suspension on front and rear, steering servo and XL drive motor with Model V8 engine mounted on the rear. My aim is to build a truck that can climb over outside obstacles in model truck trials.
  • Nice 4x4.

I never managed to grow up and now Lego has taken over from my xbox.

Making me feel old at 42........or is it 43 hmmm!! That's not a good sign!
  • Thanks for the comment, I hope to get it even better as it progresses, maybe even going down the 6x6 route.

I used to have a PS1, the little version in white and being a nice girly spent many happy hours playing the various Resident Evil games, which I got completely addicted to for a while. In the end I gave it to my sister when I completed all of the games.

The evidence so far is not great, we are all in our forties or very close to it. How many of us old farts are there out there?
  • I'm 31, but feeling to start old too ;) Cool truck btw!
  • Great idea - and a nice looking truck too!

I have been wanting to do a similar project for a long time a LEGO truck body with Traxxas RC/motor/transmission - but driving LEGO wheels/tires so that it looks all LEGO - so that when the kids laugh at ol' Grandad's truck (I get old people discount now) they'll get "a bit of a shock" LoL.

I got a set of Power Puller Wheels/Tires ready for it - you know what that may just be the summer project - now where did I put those wheels?? That's part of getting old you can't get around :(

G
  • I received my tyres today so I can start work on the 6x6 truck I saw recently. Anyone here familiar with the Volvo c306? Looks like it could be a cool crawler.
  • My Partner made a video of my Lego Crawler playing in the park, so copy and past the link below for ten minutes of Lego goodness. There is a slight rude comment about irresponsible dog owners though, but nothing you have not heard before.

• LEGO Tyre 107,2 X 62 (32298) [or any with this pattern] is probably best off road as it's a military pattern plus has a decent depth and width. If it's good enough for the military it should be good off-road. As for adding mud - simple - pull it along fast with a piece of string [electrics removed] through a muddy puddle. You can even buy false mud for your 4X4 though the chemicals might react with the plastic. You can also get fake mud vehicle stickers too. If you want muddy come to Scotland! My Artic Truck is fitted with these as like the look of military tyres as they have going since the Second World War so cannot be that bad.
  • Was thinking what about snow chains? All you need to do is put thin cable ties through the slots/holes of your Lego wheels and wrap them around the tyre.