Selling Lego and social networks

edited June 2014 in General Vote Up0Vote Down
Hey all,

To be honest I never used any of the popular social networks, but lately I've been wondering if I should. I've been thinking of using Twitter or Instagram to announce the sets that I've added or parted out, but I'm not really sure where to start.

So now I'm curious to hear what other people are using/doing to promote their store and if it actually helps to increase sales or put the store out there.

Thanks,

Patrick

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I believe the vast majority of buyers find stores by browsing the catalog or from their wishlists. I could be mistaken, but there's probably little gain to be made by "announcing" your store's existence on social medias...
  • @PSBricks I tweet/instagram/tumblr/flickr/facebook for my store. Of my 32 orders, 2 have come from Twitter (used a Twitter only coupon), but not from the others. I have it set up where if I take a picture on Instagram it goes to everything. If I tweet, it shows up on Facebook.

The way I see it, is it can't hurt. I'm sure it helps the stores who have a larger following than myself. Maybe @brickstackers can weigh in. He has over 1,100 followers on Instagram :)
  • Actually... The coupon was on Instagram too. :)

Just looked over it and really like what you're doing. It's kind of similar to what I had in mind and I think it can be fun, even if it isn't bringing in any extra sales.

Now if only we could change our store name on BO, I want something else...
  • @PSBricks classic example of everything syncing together nicely :)