Hiding the email address

Brick Owl seems to think it is important for an online venue to conceal email addresses. I respect that even though I don't understand it. BUT there has to be a way to invoice customers. Is there some way and I am missing it? I have a customer who needs overnight shipping. I don't offer it but I don't mind obliging. However I cant give him the PayPal address because Brick Owl keeps blocking it. The last truck leaves the PO from my town in just a few minutes. This will be an unhappy customer as we have been trying to get it done since this morning and we cant figure it out. Technically he should have contacted me before placing an order last night expecting delivery tomorrow. But I don't mind trying to help if I can.

Am I missing something here?

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If the order was already placed and paid for, and he just needs to pay extra in order to have overnight shipping, you can find each other's email address through the details of the Paypal payment.

There's also the ages old trick of : plastic (at) paradise (dot) com

I'm unsure of the motive regarding concealing email addresses too.
  • It's been explained before. I think it's to prevent people arranging payment for an order without it going through the BO systems, thus avoiding commission. Fair enough to be honest though obviously it would be good if you could use the BO system to issue a further invoice. It might be possible already, I've never had cause to do so.
  • I have wondered about this. I recently received an email from a member with just a general question about an item. They asked me to contact them through a specific email address (I contacted them through BO), but I was surprised that their email address came through, as I understood that the system wouldn't allow this.
    Katie
  • Along the same general lines, I have wondered if there is a way to mark up an invoice to communicate the actual items that are delivered to the customer. In addition to ADDING charges, I would like to be able to document deletions, changes, or refunds. This would provide a single point to document the order, payment, processing, and changes. Even if these are achievable through paypal or other methods, having the true picture of the entire transaction in one place is desirable.

For example, if I am short on a certain lot, and the customer agrees to a substitution of a similar item, or even just a different color of the same item, I would like to be able to reflect this in the invoice. I currently write any adjustment up and send an email, but this is both very time consuming and tough to reconcile after the fact.

Ideally, a partial refund could also be reflected on this revised invoice.

If something in this direction is currently available, I would like the details. If not, I would like to suggest this as a substantive feature for the future. I have an overflowing of good feelings about BrickOwl in general, and I understand that building an intuitive, attractive buyer experience is the key to pull in sales. Once that is achieved (and it seems to be near that point, to me), I would suggest that more powerful backend, seller tools should be developed. Many of us achieve these with our personal programming skills, downloading to Excel and manipulating, or by brute force, but well-tuned tools will be a nice productivity reward for sellers coming onto BO.
  • There is a way to issue a refund and identify what that refund is for. I don't think it's currently possible to identify what replacements have been supplied though.