Webcam photo uploads

I have a HD web cam attached to my PC and a little LEGO made stand that I use for taking pictures with for any rare parts I need to photograph to show condition on the other selling platform we all use, as there are loads Of pictures missing over here could it be integrated into the image upload part to use a webcam (rather than a file) I could then set up a white backdrop some lighting and upload pictures with almost no effort, as I already have the webcam hooked up and the part in my hand, however the normal webcam software (from microsoft) is useless and takes ages, I know other sites have this technology and think it would be used here to great effect,

Just my two cents Phil

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I believe that would require the use or Flash or other plugin, though that's not necessarily a problem.

I would be more worried about the picture's quality and the lack of any post-processing. The catalog should use nothing else than high quality photos, generally with no background.
  • I understand that it could open up to some sub par pictures been submitted but they could be rejected. I'm sure there are a number of people who upload bad pictures already, but a lot of people have High Quality webcams now and if used correctly they can be as good as a basic digital camera, mine takes pictures of great quality and If I use my DSLR Camera I have to swap memory cards about e.t.c. its just too time consuming for one picture.
    Hopefully this could be implemented and I would then happily set it up to take pictures for the catalogue with decent lighting and white background which would help the community and myself.