Brick Owl and Brickstock?

edited June 2014 in Brick Owl Vote Up0Vote Down
Hey all,

I've been struggling with Brickstock for a while and figured out how to upload to brick owl. The only thing that I can't seem to figure out is how to download my BO inventory and edit it in brickstock. I tried both the XML and CSV options, but both don't seem to work.

Is this possible? Or is there some other software I could use that has the same functions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Save the list in a *.bsx file.
    Than use the importfunction in inventory site.

I hope it is helpfully. :)
  • edited June 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    BrickOwl won't translate your inventory's BOIDs into BL IDs in order for BrickStore to be able to open your inventory. You can store either BL IDs or BL lot IDs in the "external_id" field in order to do the inverse transform... but all this will require some programming.

If you can write code, one could think to build a database to perform the BOID->BLID transform and convert the BrickOwl's XML to BSX. But then, the BrickOwl "lot ID" information would be lost and I'm not sure if a BSX update must strictly match external_id with the BSX's LotID fields (in order to actually update and not create new lots).

Instead, here, I'm locally keeping a BSX file that's automatically updated when new orders are received through the API. (Urgh... I really, really need to finish that software so others can use it...)
  • And? Which status have your software?
  • @mattwoll Fully functional for my needs but lacking important features that may lead to endless tech support if others were to use the current version :). I need to stop postponing and finish this.