Sort by Price + Shipping

Hi Admin,

When viewing an item, would it be possible to allow sorting by Price + Shipping? This would allow for a more accurate view at which is truly the cheapest option.

For the stores that are "quote only," and show N/A for the p+s, they could be filtered to the bottom.

Additionally, can we have the option to exclude quote only stores from searches? I know the quote only stores won't like this, but from a consumer's perspective, I only want to see final total with shipping and not have the back and forth.

Thank you!

Kyle

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi Admin,

Just wanted to see if this would be possible or something that would be showing up in the future?

Thank you,

Kyle
  • I think this sort approach would be similar to Amazon's sort to include Amazon Prime items (free shipping) to give meaningful list of Low to High, with all costs reflected. I suspect that they changed this within the last six months or so, I suspect, to solve just the issue that you describe, Kyle. (Sorry if this is not relevant to non-US people. I'm not sure if Amazon handles things differently in the different markets.)

With BO's approach of showing all costs to the customer (paypal fees, handling, postage) in a single number, this would seem to me to be a good justification for pushing the 'quote only' items to the bottom of the list.
  • It's been on the list since before release, it's actually quite a problem, but might get done one day.
  • Thanks Lawrence! Much appreciated!

@noteworthys you're right, I like the Amazon approach of being able to see the lowest to the highest with all fees included.
This discussion has been closed.