Prevent Quotes

I'm not really sure why, but I received a quote for an international buyer and they want to know how much it will be to send 100 to 150 parts over 45 different lots to France. Picking all of these parts where there is a chance the buyer won't order the parts seems like it could be a big waste of time. Does anyone have any solutions to this?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Don't pick and don't pack. Just check the weight, estimate the volume, and you should have a pretty good idea of your shipping costs.
  • Give them a higher postal fee, but offer a refund if it's cheaper minus packing materials fee.

• Don't forget USPS's gem - the Priority Flat Rate PADDED Envelope - same cost ($25) as small box but close to twice the volume! Use them all the time - only a couple of orders didn't fit so far.

4lb weight limit - but that's not been an issue either.

Graham
  • In this case I think that first class would still be sufficient and much cheaper than Priority. International first class is not limited to 13oz like domestic. If you're paying electronically (via USPS) then it should cost $6.16 for 1-2 oz, $8.88 for 3-4oz and $11.48 for 5-6oz. A 6x9 bubble mailer weighs about 0.6oz.

Brian