query over bricklink sync

just made some sales over on bricklink , so imported the blink csv file over to bowl to adjust for the sold items , noticed that the items still remain on my bowl inventory but have disappeared from the blink inventory . i am confused

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • To clarify, you went to the Bricklink Sync feature, uploaded your store inventory, it was successful, and the items are still listed on your Brick Owl storefront?

Do you have BrickLink set up to retain the lots?
  • no i did not have blink set up to retain lots , i have now done that and imported the csv file to bowl.
    the polybag i sold earlier still shows on my owl store , would it matter that i have not marked the item as shipped on my blink site , does blink keep the item in my stockroom until i actually change the shipping status ? thx jc
  • You will have to remove it from Brick Owl manually if retain lots wasn't setup before. When retain lots is not set, BrickLink deletes the lot, it then won't appear in any files so we don't know the status of it. Now you set that up, think should be okay from now on.
  • ok , done that , thx jc
  • What am I missing? I have my BL store set to retain inventory and I have made a sale which reduced inventory on BL to 0 and moved to stockroom. In BrickOwl it is still in inventory. Is the sync from BL to BO periodic, or do I need to take a specific action to sync from BL to BO (and what is that action)?
  • What am I missing? I have my BL store set to retain inventory and I have made a sale which reduced inventory on BL to 0 and moved to stockroom. In BrickOwl it is still in inventory. Is the sync from BL to BO periodic, or do I need to take a specific action to sync from BL to BO (and what is that action)?
    You need to sync it yourself:
    http://brickowl.com/mystore/inventory/sync

• I think this will keep cropping up because of the word "sync". People will assume that once "synced" the sites will be in some way linked. It is not a "sync" in this sense. Every time you change anything in your inventory on either site or get an order on either site you would have to replicate the change on the other site either via a manual entry or a file transfer. Once orders start coming in here it is inevitable that someone is going to sell the same item on both sites. On our BL store we regularly sell 1000's of parts whilst we are sleeping, we hope at sometime well be doing the same here, just not the same parts! If you succumb to this problem it will hurt your store reputation (on both sites), my concern is that might rub off on all stores if it happens regularly. Think about your business process before you just dump your BL inventory on here.
  • I agree. Bricklink Import would be more accurate.
  • I have added a message at the top of the form to make it clearer. It is called "sync" because it synchronises the inventories. Import would be a one-way process.