Seller Section Forum

I have often wanted to request advice about an order/seller, but have been put off as the forum is visible to all and wouldn't want the seller to know I am particularly referring about them. I think the forum should be visible to all and be open, but wondered whether there could be a particular category within it that was for sellers only, where such discussions could be raised?

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I've been wanting to ask this too. Have this forum visible to everyone, both buyers and sellers as question and suggestion from buyers are useful for everyone. On the other hand have some categories marked as "for sellers only". I feel some posts are only useful to sellers and not to buyers. For instance all threads regarding merging inventory from BL, questions about shipping methods, complaints about scamming buyers etc. The same could apply for buyers as Emma suggested, although I feel if a seller is posing a problem, other sellers should be able to see this too. I see no harm in a seller knowing a thread is about them, it would keep them on their toes ;-)
  • I think indeed some threads should not be visible to all people, particulary when discussing or reffering to BL for example (newbie buyers can read and might be drown to BL for instance). So the option for a 'sellers only' forum would indeed be a nice thing. If the thread is indeed about another seller, he/she will be able to read and respond, buth at least it is not visible to the rest of the world (particulary buyers only).

As a sidenote: I believe sellers should not refer to BL in any way on their storepage or in their listings, one seller has systematicly put all BL numbers in their public description, not very wise IMHO (if buyers google these numbers, they might end up on BL) and there are people referring to BL on their storepage to show how long and how much they sold there, I believe this should be attended when noticed, as it will only make buyers to go BL... @Admin: please do something about that.

I'm still an active seller on BL, but along the way my prices are deverting from BL prices, particulary if availability is on the low end here, but also sometimes the opposite offcourse. I don't wanna end up with unpaid orders and get the same order on the other site (I had that once on BL/Ebay: Buyer asked to cancel order on BL, then bought the same stuff on Ebay at a lower price 2 days later).
  • edited May 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Past thread about the OP suggestion

http://www.bricklink.com/help.asp?helpID=261

As a sidenote: I believe sellers should not refer to BL in any way on their storepage or in their listings, one seller has systematicly put all BL numbers in their public description, not very wise IMHO (if buyers google these numbers, they might end up on BL) and there are people referring to BL on their storepage to show how long and how much they sold there, I believe this should be attended when noticed, as it will only make buyers to go BL... @Admin: please do something about that.

I fully agree. At one point there was an agreement about referring to if you inventory was synced not to buy on both sites at once. I still think this could be done without mentioning the venue.

As someone who presently has the majority of their product here and does not sync, the amount of casual talk of BL here makes me uncomfortable.

• Walstib, I think you pasted the wrong URL. :)

I don't think BrickOwl should be afraid of BL, more like the other way around! They lost their admin, all the promises remain unfulfilled, many users are disgruntled, it's generally headed completely the wrong way...

I still plan to release inventory synchronization software very soon (just lacking deep sync in case of an interrupted update), and I think BL sellers browsing this forum should be able to find such useful tools to aid their transition to a modern platform.
  • edited May 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Correct and somewhat humorous, that mistake borders on irony....

http://www.brickowl.com/forum#/discussion/comment/2618

Fear has nothing to do with my context. I see it as a form of respect, this being very subjective granted, to be discreet with references.

Your case, sure, I asked for a program to be written for both sites and advertized this need on both sites last July I think. I understand some things have value to have in the open. (The forum I see as an odd kind of place that exists between all worlds at times.) I don't think advertizing off forum you have the same inventory on another specific site by name has the same level of innocence.

Just my current view,

Joe
  • To the OP's suggestion +1

It would also be nice to be able to use that as a means of seller support, those that would be willing to help other sellers with drop ship of shortages…

However, wouldn't a lot of folks here be registered as both sellers as well as customers?

Graham
  • I disagree with having a "seller's forum" that buyer's can't see:

1. Seeing how the sellers deal with issues on the site is informative for all, especially for us buyers who are trying to decide whether to become sellers as well. It also alerts all members of the site to funtionality which may not be immediately apparent or obvious to the casual user; these types of discussions are extremely helpful for everyone.

2. The last thing this site needs is an accusation of collusion among sellers for price-fixing purposes. A closed "seller's-only" forum would provide the ammunition for just such an accusation..whether it was true or not.
This discussion has been closed.