"Does not differentiate mold variations"

I have this set on my store but many (all?) my parts are still listed by their mould variation. When parting out a set it is necessary to select a particular mould, but I see in the listings that some stores don't show any mould variation while others - including mine - do. How do I stop this from happening?

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • In the catalogue, if you do not differentiate, the variation is not shown in the item title. In your store, a disclaimer is added at the bottom of every item that is a variation.
  • I have also chosen not to differentiate, but I still get the variations shown in the titles. Also when parting out, I have to select a particular mould.
  • I think I will change it so the title in the store does not specify the variation, not sure if that was an oversight or intentional.

You will still need to choose when parting out, but you can pick at random if you don't want to check.
  • It has also occurred to me that an "undifferentiated" listing for variable parts might be useful. It would also be useful for filling wishlists, especially if I could add the undifferentiated (definitely need a better word for this) part to my wish list and get hits on all the variants.
  • Just one example but my store shows the following parts separately:

http://pam.brickowl.com/store/lego-slope-45-2-x-2-with-double-concave-smooth-surface-3046
    http://pam.brickowl.com/store/lego-slope-45-2-x-2-with-double-concave-rough-surface-3046

I don't differentiate mouldings so shouldn't these be listed as the same item? I see what you mean about the disclaimer but it would make more sense to me just to list both parts as follows:

http://pam.brickowl.com/store/lego-slope-45-2-x-2-with-double-concave-3046

I'm not sure if this is something easy to achieve or if it's already possible but I'm missing a setting or something?

• Probably not possible - however it would be great if it were possible to differentiate some but not other parts, as an example Stud (completely open, recessed, solid and safety)

I differentiate between completely open and the other 3 - (you could pass wires or tubes thru)

I don't between "x" and "+"

But DO between "stud holder" and "axle holder"

I have begun a list of parts differentiated or not, however I don't think many (if any) read my variants policy

With your example of smooth/rough - I for one would not want to receive a mix of those
  • The variation section of the title has now been removed from stores that do not differentiate, in both the item and in the browse page.

I do later intend to allow stores that do not differentiate, to specify which they do and do not differentiate between.
  • Thanks Lawrence, much improved. It seems that it currently doesn't aggregate the various moulds into one listing if I've chosen different ones when parting out. Can this be changed also or is it just easier all round if I go back and change them to the same mould?
  • We won't be aggregating them in the near future as that's a bit too complex on our end, but you are welcome to do it manually if you wish.
  • Okay, thanks again.