$500+ order shipping to Singapore with 0 Feedback? Should I be nervous?

First let me say, I know everyone has to start somewhere and most 0 feedback buyers are good buyers who are not out to scam anyone :) But I'm a little nervous to send a very expensive set and a few parts to someone in Singapore with 0 feedback.

We've shipped all over the world for high dollar values before but only to people with 10+ feedback (not by design but by coincidence). I do see with Fedex we can do signature confirmation and shipping for around $200 but I'm still concerned. Anyone have any experience with this?

Tia,
Tracy

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I would ship USPS Priority Express with the additional insurance if you are that worried, Regular Priority if you are not that worried. Why would one use fedex?
  • I've just left feedback for a customer in Singapore. You never know it might be the same one. lol
  • With FedEx you also guarantee that your customer will pay customs fees plus a processing fee for processing the customs. With USPS there is a chance that the package won't be checked for customs fees and there certainly won't be the surcharge. Though now that I type this, I can't remember if Singapore is a free port or not.

You could always opt for signature confirmation, couple of bucks. Doesn't Paypal require that anyway for larger value orders?

Brian
  • Import in Singapore is free up to $1000, so they don't have to worry about that over there :P
  • Lol uk import is only £30 free