Payment with credit card through paypal

I had a customer trying to check out with a credit card through paypal and pay in US funds.

Through Stripe I only accept CAD.

I know I can manually prepare a paypal invoice where a customer can use their credit card.

This said I could not find a way to help them accomplish what they wanted to do for a convenient checkout. Going through a manual side to the invoice was not appropriate for this institution.

Anyone want to pretend an order and see where they get stuck trying?

Is there something easy I am missing?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • For more context I believe this would be for someone without a paypal account.
  • In such case one needs to send an invoice through paypal, but you need the buyers e-mail: unfortunatly it can't be seen by the other party here on BO :-( (it's good to have some protection, but it's also pointless, because if the transaction goes through PP, one can see the other person's E-mail there).
    @Admin: create a checkbox where either buyer or seller can accept (authorise) to see the other persons E-mail in case of need (cases like this).
    @Joe: ask your buyer to spell his e-mail: what dot evername at somewhere dot com , send the invoice through PP (you can send it in CAD, he can pay with his credit card in $)
  • Apologies for drifting off topic.
    I have to have the buyers email address. This is due to my accounts software. When someone buys from me on Bricklink, my own website or on BrickOwl, I want the sales of that person to attribute to only one account on my accounts software. The only way I can link the person is via email address, as there account numbers/usernames will be different on each site.
  • Thanks @RobErNat, in this case it would not have been fast enough, or they did not understand me and thought the manual invoice would have to go through their accounting department.

I am thinking this has to do with what part of the paypal system you get to see while checking out, what paypal method is used may be different.

wait... well no... I just found it, it was really simple. I think...

As for the off topic, no worries, I was wondering if I had of sent a paypal invoice through the special e-mail address if it would of worked. I sort of remember a thread about something not going through the system well, but can't find what is was right now.