edited July 2013 in General Vote Up7Vote Down
is there no alert when message is received? Or did I miss it?

Comments

• 25 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You should be sent an e-mail with the message
  • Yes, I got it, but I don't check for emails every 5 minutes. Not everybody uses a mail check program.
  • Oh, would you like some sort of number on the website to show you how many unread messages you have?

The only issue with that is it needs to be optional because some people read all the messages via e-mail.
  • I would also like to have an alert or something else on my profile page.
  • Yes, any alert (for messages and orders) would be great. I would prefer something that can easily be seen whenever I'm in BO (without having to go to profile or My Store). And no problem if it's optional.
  • Yes, please have something to alert of if we have new incoming orders, shipping quote requests and messages.
  • I would like messages to be able to be viewed with an order if sent via the message buyer link. I have sent someone a message tonight about their order but currently I can not see any indication on their order screen that I have sent a message (might be going blind and just not looking properly). As it is not just me who sorts orders and replies to customers being able to at least see a message has been sent would be good, ideally with a direct link to message. Otherwise if / when it gets busy and if I am teaching or out it will be harder to provide good customer service and messages could get duplicated.

Alison
  • Righto, wildo. At the moment you can view your sent/received messages using the dropdown menu on the top right.
  • Yes I found it there thank you but if someone else is working too they will need to know that a message was sent to go and look at it to see what the other person has said. It is more likely that Julie will send a message during the week, but I would in evenings and weekends and it would be far easier for both of us to see message attached to orders to follow any communication that had gone on.

Thanks

• Understood. There is now a very basic message count. It could be much better, but it should deal with your issue you mentioned. I hope that helps.
  • Thank you, that is better

Alison
  • *bump*

@Admin, can you move some messaging improvements up on the to-do list? We have multiple employees and are having a hard time tracking customer support messages. here's what would help:

1) Unread message icon visible from the "my store" page. The email goes to me, but my employees do not get my emails. They need the indicator on the site.
    2) Flag read/unread (or complete/not complete). When we receive an order support email, it may take a day for us to resolve the issue (such as finding a missing part). We can use the read/unread flags, but something like "task completed" would be more useful in a multi-person store.
    3) Show conversations. Something like nesting on the "all messages" view to put replies together with the orginal message.

Thanks!
  • It's taken me a few days to make sure it is working correctly but there are now some improvements to the messaging.

Messages can now have a read/unread status which you can change manually.

Messages also have a "response required" status. When sending a message, a user can choose if a response is required. If a response is required and the message is sent to a store, the amount of messages that need a response is shown on the store dash. When a message is replied to either directly by e-mail, or using the messaging system, the message is automatically set to "no response required" as it has been responded to. This is a good way to keep track of which messages need dealing with and which might simply be a "thank you" message that doesn't need dealing with.

Lastly, there is now basic message threading, when you view a message on the website, any messages it was in reply to will be shown.
  • Awesome! We'll start using it and let you know if there are any further suggestions.
  • When a message is replied to either directly by e-mail, or using the messaging system, the message is automatically set to "no response required" as it has been responded to. This is a good way to keep track of which messages need dealing with and which might simply be a "thank you" message that doesn't need dealing with.
    I missed it if it is there,

Could we have a notice in the personal e-mail we receive if a response is asked for please.

Personally I would like the default unchecked.

Thank you

• Hi, low priority but can you make the "Order #1234567" text within a mail message a hyperlink to the order? Currently if I get a message about an order, I have to go out of messages and find the order in "all orders".
  • *bump*

Still not a link and still a pain to move from a message to the order detail related to that message.
  • Could you clarify where you are referring to exactly, as in, in the e-mails that are sent you, or somewhere on the message on the website?
  • Similar to that idea, but totally unrelated and off topic-
    it would be pretty sweet if BOIDs were turned into clickable links by the forum software.
    Or even little images.

There was a thread recently- "Are these two the same". Pics or clicks would have had that answered in seconds.
  • edited October 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @admin

I was looking to bump this up as well.

My issue is within the messaging system.

I have a message, I see it needs a response.

Sometimes all you get is "how long is the shipping standard for my order" I am in the message but have no idea who this is or what the order details are. At the top I can see the order # and that is all I have to go by other than memory.

Now I have to copy that #, go to my store, go to the orders screen, then to all orders, then paste in and search the order....

If there was a link somewhere that would take you to the right order from the message page it would make things much easier.

• Yes, from within the message we need a link to the related order.
  • Okay, I've now added a link in the subject of messages when viewing the message.