Need help with Order

Hi,
I just received a order from a new member. he paid with Stripe and he is located in Miami, FL..

but the IP Address says Costa Rica... How can that be?? should I proceed with the order or not?

regards
-rebecca

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited May 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    There could be many legitimate reasons but could be one I read about recently, where someone was blocked from streaming a TV show on the BBC website because the software thought he was based in Poland (the service is only available to UK users). Turned out his ISP had bulk bought a lot of IP addresses from a company in Poland and had begun issuing them to users before the relevant records had been updated. Apparently this is common as ISPs grow (and shrink I suppose).

If it were me I'd probably send the order providing I had the necessary cover from the payment service. I don't use Stripe so can't comment on what they cover you for.
  • I'm in Germany posting this right now. I also make some orders myself from here. But I live in Holland, so my orders should be delivered there. ;)
  • I just wanted to make sure that it was ok to ship, since he paid with Stripe and I do not know how they would handle any issues that would come up. I only know that they charge you a $15 fee in case the is a issue reported.
  • contact them and ask. Just say you're checking the delivery address as the IP address was different.

I had one from Brazil but sent to the UK for his family to take out to him when they visited.
  • yeah, I have contacted them, just waiting for a response..

thanks for all the help.. much appreciated
  • I only know that they charge you a $15 fee in case the is a issue reported.
    Wow.
  • It is most likely a shipping facility. They are extremely common now. Basically the way they work is international customers ship multiple order to a facility (many times in Florida) and the facility will package all their packages into one shipment and ship it to them. It saves them a bit of money and it reduces the risk of loss as everything is in one box. It also works great for the seller with PayPal payments as it will show delivered to the address submitted providing they use the Florida address when submitting payment.

PP
  • Ditto what @plastic-paradise says. Generally they will have some kind of longer numerical sequence after their name as part of the address.
  • I was just wondering because I never had a different IP address shown. it also said costa rica as card country...