To all sellers, please read.

Please check your setting on the bottom of this page (combining orders), and please keep paypal in mind.

http://www.brickowl.com/mystore/settings/order_settings

Will happy to explain why in private a message, not on the forum.

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • This seems like a very suspicious post. I think we all know that BrickOwl keeps additional orders as separate objects, and that by allowing "combined orders" you are subject to two transactional fees by Paypal.

If you disagree with the way BrickOwl is handling this, then just turn it off.

Now try and add something to an Amazon order after you paid for it. You get asked to pay again for the difference, just like here, oh except that Amazon do not accept Paypal.

From a customer's point of view this is handled perfectly normally. As a business I think the small Paypal fee is a tiny price to pay to allow my customers to add something they forgot.

• I definitly don't disagree, it's fine by me.

It is however open to 'abuse' if your setting are not correct. Please read PM
  • Are you suggesting that a customer could make several payments for one order, but could present this to PayPal as being several small orders and that all except the first never arrived, thus claiming a refund of everything but the original payment?
  • I agree that this is open to abuse and RoyRoy was just being cautious in his original post.
    However you can add the additional charge using the setting provided to prevent you from losing money on tiny orders that are less than your transaction fee.

So I just want to question whether or not the setting of Minimum order value stops small orders being placed on combined orders?
  • I agree that this is open to abuse and RoyRoy was just being cautious in his original post.
    However you can add the additional charge using the setting provided to prevent you from losing money on tiny orders that are less than your transaction fee.

So I just want to question whether or not the setting of Minimum order value stops small orders being placed on combined orders?
    It happened to me when they made another order for a 13p part and paid by paypal I lost the whole amount due to fee which also take out 13p as well. Best to put £1 combining fee to cover for any loss and for extra handling work to do.
  • So I just want to question whether or not the setting of Minimum order value stops small orders being placed on combined orders?
    Currently the minimum is bypassed.

http://www.brickowl.com/forum#/discussion/871
  • Maybe I'm missing something... The fee you can charge in the settings on order additions enables you to cover the base PayPal cost. Works fine for us. We get many add-on orders. And don't lose any money.
  • The "problem" is that the setting (where by me) standard at a 0.00 fee for an addition, and I didn't know about the option. I had 6 additions, all less that the paypal fee. Nothing to loose a good night sleep over, but: If somebody had a bad transaction with you, and you don't have the right settings....
  • And I didn't want to put that on the forum so specific because that potential abuse, but might take away some confusion ;)