Crash2009 has opened a dispute over payment. Anyone else just had this?

So just had this from Paypal

Crash2009 has opened a dispute over payment made to you on 3rd May indicating that they never received the item. (£15.95)

This order was placed at 4pm on a Saturday and was followed by a bank holiday, so couldn't be posted until a Tuesday!
It's not even been a week since posting!!

Although Admin mentioned to me that others have had this customer asking for a refund.
How many @admin?

Anyone else just had this from him?

I'm guessing strength in numbers is the best way for stoping this dispute?

What's my next move?

Comments

• 31 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Just noticed he's got a feedback boost of 200.
    Looked on BL and he only joined April 25th 2014
    Can you get a feedback boost from Ebay?
  • So this has now been Escalated to a Claim 1 hour after the first email from paypal.
  • Yes we had had this too. Am going to communicate to him through the paypal claim, and ask him to remove the claim as I have reason to believe he is fraudulent. I suggest everyone does the same. I am not afraid to prosecute false claims in the small claims court.
  • Feedback boost makes things so misleading. Get rid of it.
  • yep, me too. not massive, about £7.50ish. Told Paypal i believe his claim to be bogus. Now escalated to claim
  • I have filed a complaint with Paypal concerning this individual.
  • I'll try and sort mine out tomorrow if I get the time.
    @admin is there any more of us?

@minifigforlife is the complaint separate from claim he's made?
  • Interesting....his name has now changed to crash-override
  • If you report the chargeback using the report a problem form, the information can then be seen shared more easily.
  • i refunded him a couple of weeks ago for a £10 order , again he mailed me that he had not received his order . i just went into brick owl and cancelled the order .
  • Hi Folks,
    I had this too. He placed two orders with me then claimed not to have received them. I rang paypal today and told them the situation and explained I had received an e-mail from the forum mods at brick owl. I forwarded this to them and they are investigating this person and have cleared all disputes and cleared the funds back to me.
    Please do ring up and report this person as the woman I spoke to said they would close their paypal account if found to be bogus.
  • Thanks for the comments.
    Are any of you on BL? Probably worth letting admin there know!
  • Sounds like we are experiencing a bit of a track record of folks pulling these stunts in recent weeks???
  • Looks like I'll have to call.
    Trying to reply online and the only option I get is...
  • Thanks for the comments.
    Are any of you on BL? Probably worth letting admin there know!
    Done
  • Paypal have just found in favour of the buyer and refunded his money. After twice notifying them that this clown is bogus. Typical Paypal! i will be phoning them/e-mailing them later to sort this one out
  • Have just called paypal and they've settled it for now by paying him the refund! but not charging me as this is the first case they've had with me since I started on paypal many many years ago.
    I told him I thought it was Fraud and he's looking into it!

Please everyone else who's involved call paypal and get them to check!

Also please note he's changed his user name to crash-override
  • This guy is incredible! Just left me Negative Feedback with the comment
    Did not receive item. Even refused to redeliver or refund.

Now I know he's a liar. He didn't ask for it to be redelivered and he asked for a refund after 4 days which is crazy!!

I had an email about the feedback so I'm guessing admin has stopped it from appearing as it hasn't shown up yet.

If you order from 5 different people and nothing arrives, chances are you've got something wrong with your post! You then contact the sellers and your postal service and try and find out what's wrong!! You don't go opening cases on paypal 6 days after your order was sent!!

Thanks @Royroy wouldn't be surprised if some people on BL have also had this! Let us know if you hear anything!

@locker 47 let us know how you get on?
  • Paypal have found in his favour in my case too. Shall be contacting them.

Admin. If you are listening please remove all negative feedback that this clown has created.
  • Has anyone had any further contact from Paypal about this yet?
  • @Admin: we need to be able to search usernames in the database, so we can put users on stoplists when these kind of threads appear
  • @ All others: Your order overview has an ONR reports (bottom left), has this user a number higher then 0 (zero)?
    @ Admin: does this number increases when sellers do a full refund through the order, or only if the transaction is reported by the seller?
  • @Admin: we need to be able to search usernames in the database, so we can put users on stoplists when these kind of threads appear
    You could always share the user number and we could find them via the http://www.brickowl.com/user/##### method. Don't know if this is within Admin's intentions though. :-)

Brian
  • Looking at the order from crash2009 now crashoverride.
    Disputed chargebacks 1
    ONR Reports 1
    Which probably came from me!
  • I have now officially reported the issue to admin as well. I see his buying rights have been revoked.
    I still do not understand how Paypal can side with this person.
    I have in the past argued with Paypal. They claim to be doing an investigation, but in my opinion, there is no investigation, just side with the buyer because a non tracked service was used.

How are we protected against this user creating a new account on BrickOwl?

• I see he's changed his user name again now Crash1override

@admin how long do Disputed charge backs, ONR Reports and limited access last?
    Should changing their user name also be included in limited access?
    As Minifigforlife says what's stopping him from creating a new account? as paypal have done nothing!
  • keep harassing Paypal (all of you), I did once and they finally gave in (refund of full fees on a transaction).
  • I don't care for the refund. What I care about is that this person gets away with it and then either tries it again or tells others that BrickOwl is an easy target.

I really wish Paypal would actually do investigations and if they find out that a person is committing fraud then do something about it.
  • Agreed minifigforlife. That's why I wanted to see if people on BL had had trouble with him. He joined both at the same time!
  • Exactly the point, by harassing Paypal they might start deciding in favor of the sellers and in best case kick the person of PP. If you complain just one time, that will be it for them... My example was just a way to indicate once in a while they 'give in', but you need to keep pushing...