Many Store Hits - Few Sales

edited July 2013 in General Vote Up0Vote Down
Since becoming a seller on BO six days ago, my store have received more than 1000 visits. However, I have received only 4 orders - all within a few minutes after I posted in the forum that I listed some bulk lots at steep discounts. That works out to one order for every 250 hits. On BL, my order to hit ratio is 1 order for every 20 store hits - more than 12 times better than BO.

I understand there is going to be a little lag time with BO, but 1 in 250 still seems quite low and disappointing. So what's the deal here? Are my prices not good? My shipping too expensive? Not enough variety? You don't like squareheads? Or is it because BO is still bloated with way more sellers than buyers? Are you just kicking the tires and checking out the competition?

If you have shopped in my store recently but did not place an order, I would greatly appreciate it if you could let me know why. After all, I want to be wanted and to take good care of all my buyers and potential buyers. You can either post a reply here or send me a private message. Constructive criticism is most welcome.

Thor
http://netbricks.brickowl.com

P.S. I am also in a deal-making mood. So if you see anything you want, make me a reasonable offer. I am pretty flexible with most of my listings... EXCEPT bulk lots I have already marked down.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The number of Page views on Brickowl is a different metric to the number on BrickLink. The number on here increases with every page that the user visits, on BrickLink, it only increases once when they hit your store, and does not increase while they browse around. There is a much superior stats system planned.
  • Thanks Admin. That explains a lot. I would guess then that a good chunk of those hits are from me. Maybe (when you get around to it) you could code it so that store hits don't include a seller visiting or working on their own store.
  • Yep, will do. General site traffic will pick up when Google finishes indexing us. BrickLink has 10 years of word-of-mouth on us.