Royal Mail claims with proof of posting

I've had my first order not turn up (£15) although it's only been 4 days since posting with Royal Mail 2nd. The customer has requested a refund already.
I have proof of posting, but don't know what the procedure is with Royal Mail.

How does everyone else deal with this when it happens?

Thanks
Mark

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Firstly, 15 working days must have passed before they will consider it lost

http://www.royalmail.com/business/help-and-support/summary-of-compensation-for-lost-items

Gives basic guidelines.

The issue always is proving value. If you copy an invoice to RM then they will say that they only cover cost price of the item. If this cannot be proved then they generally settle for an allowance of 20% profit.
    So try claiming 80% of the invoice value.

but it is far to early, esp for 2nd class mail. Your buyer needs to learn some patience

Slim
  • I normally respond stating that I have the proof of postage and explain RMs policy giving them the date from when the claim can be started. I offer to start claim if they haven't received it by then. You will need to provide proof of postage, your invoice to customer and proof of their payment to you. 4 days is way too early to asume it is lost.
  • Thanks for the help.

I thought it was too soon as well which is one of the reasons I posted this.

It turns out we have a naughty customer on our hands Crash2009.

Admin noticed my post yesterday and realised I wasn't the only one he'd requested a refund from. The other sellers have been informed and action has been taken.

Maybe we should have a section where sellers can post who's requested a refund due to post not arriving or paypal charge backs etc. Then if the same customer keeps popping up action can be taken.