You Can Buy Your Own Inventory

It seems you can add your own inventory to the basket and checkout? I haven't gone as far as actually checking out, mainly because I don't want to buy my own stuff. The Add to basket should not be available for your stuff.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Some people want this so they can easily remove items from their own Inventory for MOCs for example. In the future we will remove all orders from yourself from stats and store fees etc.
  • edited June 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Buying from yourself is easier than changing the quantities in your own inventory? It's a lot more work for you to support this (as you said, remove all orders from yourself etc) and how does that even work when it comes to paying for your own stuff?
  • Please keep this function! It is so much easier to create a wanted list and "buy" if from yourself when building a project our of your own inventory than it is to manually update every lot individually. Thanks!
  • Why wouldn't you just want the ability to apply the wanted list to your inventory without having to "buy " it from yourself? I think paying 2.5% to remove items from your inventory is a bit much.

Although I think it may be useful to allow this for other reasons. Testing comes to mind. I would not have been able to tell that my First Class shipping method was misconfigured if I was not able to get to that step of the checkout process in my own store.

• @Troy you won't be charged fees if you buy for yourself.

When we properly implement it, there will be a payment method that appears that allows you to bypass payment.