BLID change

Just a note, several BLID are changing from 1234pb01 to 1234pb001. Extra leading zero to accommodate another factor of future patterns.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I noticed that, too.
    when I upload inventory it shows about 20 items with "No match found"

hope it will go down but it's getting more every time :-(
  • I noticed that, too.
    when I upload inventory it shows about 20 items with "No match found"

hope it will go down but it's getting more every time :-(
    As far as I know adding new BLIDs is a manual process so unless sellers are adding these missing BLIDs the list will keep growing. I have had no problems having new BLIDs approved (typically within 24 hours) but it can take a bit of effort to find the correct item on Brick Owl.
  • I've already submitted a few, but like you said it's a bit time consuming and with 4 little kids in the house it will take me a while to get them all done :-)
  • I find the quickest way to find and add new external IDs is the following. Use the text given to you on the import screen to find the item in your inventory on BL. Then search the LOTID from BL in the search box here for your inventory. From here, you can verify the part is the correct one you want to change. Click the name of the part, click edit and add the new BL ID.

I find it best to do this quickly when a new import is done that way the all new IDs you need are on the screen that were not found. A few quick clicks ans searches can import all the info needed.
  • edited May 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It would seem very tedious to do that manually, checking if a corrected BL_ID exists for every part...

Admin, what about automating the process on your end? :)

Perhaps you could find all the BL_IDs matching the regexp ^[a-zA-Z]*bp[0-9]\{2\}$ ( or ^[a-zA-Z]*bp[0-9]{2}$ if you use the extended syntax ), and automatically add a new BL_ID with an extra '0' after the "bp".

Edit: If you are going to use it, double-check my regexp, it's a little rusty.
  • I'm afraid I have little motivation to put time into manually maintaining a cross reference to BL IDs, especially when they change them. I will approve any submitted IDs though.
  • All right then.

By the way, if there were a way to submit BL_IDs through the catalog edit API, someone could automate this kind of operation on his end...

( And the correct regex is ^[a-zA-Z0-9]*bp[0-9]\{2\}$ , I did say it was rusty :p )