Imperial Units?

So... I realize that 98% of the world uses the metric system at this point. However, the USPS and the majority of my American customers don't. I would prefer if there was an option in the settings to show imperial weights for shipping bands. It's a lot less conversion on my end to figure out their shipping costs when i'm ordering postage, and less hassle for the customers that don't know whether or not $4 is a reasonable shipping charge for 250g worth of parts. Any way we can get this added? Thanks.

-Kevin

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited July 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Do you need two boxes, one for pounds and one for ounces, or is there a way to denote it in one value?
  • probably would work best as 2 boxes. with 2 boxes, you can specify pounds and ounces separately, with one box, it would likely have to be a decimal equivalent of the total ounces, aka 2.5 oz., 11.75 oz. , 24.8 oz., etc. You could let people enter something like "1 lb, 4.5 oz" into a single text box, but I'd think that would be less fun to parse and calculate on your end. I know USPS uses 2 boxes.