Part ID fields

I noticed in my list of pending catalog submissions that some of the ID fields listed are prefixed by the word "our", e.g. "Our Ldraw" or "Our Peeron Id". Does this mean there are different versions of these ID's, such as with/without suffix, or old/new? I have noticed that some numbers have changed over the years, e.g. 7026 is found on BO, but it is now being mapped to 3081 on Peeron, and my version of MLCAD lists it as 3081 as well.

So the burning question I have is, as a catalog contributor what data should I use for these ID fields? Are there particular sources that are always acceptable? I am assuming that even though "BL ID" is on the drop-down menu of possibilities, that uploading these would not result in them being displayed.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Regarding the second part of your post, I can confirm that you can submit "BL ID" and the IDs can get approved shortly after. Note that you'll never see the "BL ID" displayed anywhere, this is an one-way translation, so make sure the BL ID is really missing before submitting.