First Non-Paying Buyer on BO

edited April 2014 in General Vote Up0Vote Down
I have my first non-paying buyer on BrickOwl. Apparently, he placed several orders on BO earlier this month and has not paid for any of them. Or, according to the buyer, he "forgot what i was getting from you.... this has happened with everyone iv tried to get stuff from... so i just got over it and told them nevermind." Normally, I would cut a buyer some slack if this were a one-time thing and he quickly communicated with me. Neither of which applies to this buyer.

So how do I do the BO equivalent of a non-paying buyer claim? Do I just cancel the order and message Admin about this buyer? Or, in the drop down box on the order details that says "Other Actions", do I click "Report an Issue"?

Lastly, will I be able to leave non-positive feedback for this buyer and remove any retaliatory feedback he may leave for me?

Thor

(1) This buyer chose to pay via "Bank Transfer" even though it clearly states it is only for orders above $500 and buyers pre-approved by me. When I told him this payment method was not available to him, he said he would mail his payment. Then he said he sent it via PayPal (which he did not). Then he was silent for over a week. Now he is claiming to have PayPal problems and is unable to pay for all his orders on BO. Sigh... I feel like he has just been stringing me along. I could be wrong, but I also suspect he may be a minor who does not have a PayPal account. No, I won't name names. Admin can look into this privately.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Probably best to also set the minimum order amount on that payment method then, I guess that way this situation could have been prevented.
  • I'm sorry to hear about that, you should use the report an issue form, and then after that, I believe it recommends that you cancel the order.
  • On that and ONR / Charge backs - I realize that I haven't been looking at that section of orders received (customer details) - I have yet to have a significant problem - the minor ones I reported.

However it would be nice to have an alert of some kind, perhaps you would consider adding that in the order detail box at the top? Perhaps a Flag or wording advising to review "customer details"?

Graham