… good news...

Got off the phone with S@H and thought you'd like to know BrickOwl is "known" AND is being "talked about" by S@H staff :)

Not only that I was able to locate a TLG part # QUICKER using BrickOwl catalog search than the young lady at TLG using their database! I think she was quite impressed :)

Graham

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I would say TLG is quite pleased with the advent of Brick Owl. The site does a nice job of promoting the brand and it provides much needed competition in the reselling sector.

Russell
  • Indeed. I suspect they also approve of the Open Database license, compared to the alternatives.
  • That is good to hear. But as BO gets onto TLG's radar, I think they may take exception several stores here using the word "LEGO" in their store name.

Thor
  • Don't confuse contact centre staff with the corporate side of TLG who probably couldn't care less about BO or BL.
  • @Hoddie: Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I do believe that TLG at the corporate level is very interested in any large scale AFOL activity, particularly if it involves selling, the internet, or their branding.
  • Cue Kevin Hinkle in the Americas. He's in charge of dealing with communication between corporate and AFOLs. Talk to your LUG for more details.

Brian