Couple of questions

I have a couple of questions that came up in the last couple of days, mainly regarding the quoting system:

- When somebody askes for a quote, I pressume the items are in a basket, so not available for sale from that moment on?
- What happenes when the buyer does not respond to the quote? Will the items stay in the basket? And for how long?
- In my case: What happens when those items are sold „on the other site“. Since the items are pressumably not for sale on BO, they will still be available on BL, the inventory sync can only see actual sales.

Complete other question: When I close my store for a short period, will the current baskets from buyers be deleted?

Thanks.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have a couple of questions that came up in the last couple of days, mainly regarding the quoting system:

- When somebody asks for a quote, I presume the items are in a basket, so not available for sale from that moment on?
    Items are in a basket/Cart so the Seller has a weight of the items in your cart so an accurate quote for shipping can be issued based on your address. They are still available for sale until you receive the quoted shipping and complete your order and pay

- What happens when the buyer does not respond to the quote? Will the items stay in the basket? And for how long?
    Items stay in the basket for 60 - 90 days after the last item was added to your order.

- In my case: What happens when those items are sold „on the other site“. Since the items are presumably not for sale on BO, they will still be available on BL, the inventory sync can only see actual sales.
    If you sell the item elsewhere or on BO the item will show up as the amount available once you update the items quantity. If it is in your cart and no longer available it will show that there are none available, once the no longer available item has been removed from your cart a new quote request is needed

Complete other question: When I close my store for a short period, will the current baskets from buyers be deleted?
    No, carts will stay, but the order can't be submitted until the store reopens.

Thanks.
  • Thanks for the very complete answer. All clear!