Set shipping method for an item?

edited April 2014 in Brick Owl Vote Up0Vote Down
Is it possible to set a specific shipping method for an item? The reason I ask this is because I can ship sets that don't have their original box way cheaper internationally than the automatic selection.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • In your inventory, select the Advanced view. Then select the Force Quote check box for the item in question. If that item is in an order, Request a Quote will be the only option upon checkout.
  • Thank you :) I was also wondering if there's a way to give the buyer an option to select insurance and tracking during the checkout process. Or do I need to manually add an insured option for all my shipping methods?
  • Manual. There's no way to make insurance an additional charge. The philosophy here is to keep it as simple as possible. Price plus shipping. If you want to add the option, you'll need to create a new shipping method for each tier of insurance and set the restrictions on each one to match the price range. At checkout, customers will only see the one that's in their price range.
  • If you're a legit trader then insurance is for your benefit rather than the buyer's. Though I understand some buyers might want to pay extra for tracking.