What is meant by "Does not differentiate mold variations"?

I intend to purchase a product from one of the sellers here on Brick Owl. I have now noticed the statement "Does not differentiate mold variations" in the Store Information tab of the desired product. Perhaps this term does not apply to every item in this stores inventory but this is the first time I have encountered this message.
Is this a genuine Lego product?
Was is reproduced using special molds?
I would really appreciate some help and advice in relation to this topic as I would like to know whether I can trust this product to be a real Lego product. I prefer my models to be genuine.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Over the years, LEGO have modified their part designs for a variety of reasons. The most common examples are:

2x4 and 2x3 bricks now have supports between the posts on the undersides
    1x1 plate modified with ring: the ring connector used to be very thin and prone to breakage, now it's much thicker
    1x1 plate modified with vertical clamp: there are 4 different shapes to the clamp (in fact, all bricks/plates with clamps have been changed at least once)

All of these parts are indeed genuine LEGO and should work for your models. For those of us who collect older sets and need to replace parts, we like to have the period-accurate part designs, so we buy from those sellers who differentiate mold variations to make sure we get the exact design we're looking for. But if that doesn't concern you, then feel free to buy from any store, it's all LEGO and it's all good!
  • Nobody should be selling anything but genuine Lego on Brickowl. As Oldfan says, many Lego bricks have been changed slightly over the years, sometimes to add strength, sometimes to add utility and sometimes to make the brick more user-friendly. Some buyers require a particular mould because they want to use the brick in a certain way. For example, the round 2 x 2 tile piece can be found in 2 moulds, one that allows the brick to be placed centrally on a 1 x 1 stud, and one that does not.

I imagine most stores will be happy to check which mould(s) they have but don't want to go to the trouble of listing all the various moulds, simply because most buyers don't care which mould they get.