Buyers who make you go huh?!?!?

edited July 2013 in General Vote Up0Vote Down
And now on the lighter side... real life stories of buyers who make you go huh?!?!?

1. Buyer orders 500 white 1x2 modified bricks with grille (part #2877). Buyer gets his order and fires off an email to me complaining that half the bricks have the grille running horizontally and half the bricks have the grille running vertically. While trying to think of a witty reply that does not embarrass the buyer, I soon get another email from the buyer saying "Never mind".

2. Buyer orders a bunch of parts. I pack and ship them inside an empty LEGO Star Wars set box and wrap the box with brown wrapping paper. A few days later the buyer emails me saying I sent him the wrong item. He reminds me that he ordered parts, not a Star Wars set, and offers to return the set to me unopened if I pay for return postage. I patiently reply... "Open ... the ... box". Since then I learned to turn set boxes inside out when used for shipping parts.

3. Buyer places a $220 order with me and instructs me to commit customs fraud by declaring the package a gift worth only $10 (and, of course, he also wants full insurance and tracking). As per my shop terms, I ignore his instructions and ship with the customs forms properly filled out. A week later I receive an email from the buyer angrily stating how upset he was that I did not falsify the customs forms. He claims it cost him $60 in customs duties to get the package from customs and demands that I refund $60 to him right away. He then threatens to file a PayPal claim for non-receipt if he does not get the refund in 24 hours. I reply thanking him for admitting in writing that he received the package, invite him to file his PayPal claim for non-receipt, and suggest we forward his request and emails to his country's custom office for advice on how we should resolve the matter. Buyer never responds.

After 10,000 or so orders you run into all kinds of people. 99% of them are wonderful, the other 1% make me wonder.

Thor

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Responses:

1. "Those grills running the other direction are for the other side of your MOC."

2. "No, you keep the set. Your parts will arrive shortly."

3. Yeah, you nailed that one.

Funny, thanks for sharing.

Brian
  • A very long time ago I did have some tiles 1x2 with 12:01, when trying to complete an old set... I could find a tile with 10:21.... telling my wife to order these.....

She had a great laugh....