Minifig ID´s?

Hi all.

Still pretty new here, and browsing and adding to the catalog at the moment. I seem to have a problem finding the correct minifigs. They don´t seem to have their own number? (chef004, Sp004 etc).

How is this part of the catalog dealt with here?

Otherwise: keep up the good work! ;)

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited April 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    BrickOwl doesn't show or publish BrickLink's part IDs (after receiving threatening letters from BL's owners regarding use of that catalog built from voluntary contributions).

If you are a seller, BrickOwl can still understand BrickLink's IDs when uploading inventory. Otherwise, you should easily find the minifigs by looking up the sets they came in.
  • Ok, understood.
    It is however pretty hard to look up a minifig in a set that has no inventory ;)
    I would like to take care of the inventory from the 12v series, but that is pretty hard when the minifigs dont have a certain ID...

Don't mean to be rude, but when I search the catalog for "Chef", it is... kinda...messy?

Can't we name it "cook"? ;)
  • Ah I see, the inventory doesn't exist yet.

I'm no expert on the matter of minifigure naming conventions, but I figure they'll change any submitted name they don't like :). I believe the normal flow would be first to create an inventory that includes raw minifigure parts, then create the minifigure inventories from it.

There are a couple lines on the topic here:
    http://www.brickowl.com/catalog/edit
    or someone with more experience on the matter could confirm the recommended steps.