I guess with this set up it was only a matter of time!!!

Neutral Feedback - Hello! I have not yet received the good. Have you received any good return? Thx!

No email or message to indicate there is an issue just the surprise feedback. It is an international order barely 2 weeks old! I have contacted the buyer but I haven't heard back yet.

Purely ridiculous!

I am sorry for the rant but this shouldn't happen nor should it be allowed.

PP

Comments

• 17 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I agree.. we should be able to respond on the feedback and leave buyer feedback.
  • Agree of course.
    The sad things that I have found is on BL I routinely check every buyer's feedback. I check the feedback left for them and by them. But here on BO, I know already that they are positive, so it doesn't really matter if they have 1 or 1000, there is really no point in checking it. And then of course it starts to feel like---well, then there is no point in leaving it. (Don't worry, I leave feedback faithfully).
    So the only thing I really pay attention to is Customer statistics on the orders received page.
    On BL, I can really get a feel for the person by taking a brief look through their feedback (and no, not just a bad feel for them). But here as I find that step somewhat unnecessary, I also find this site more impersonal. I know that BO is not striving to be the community feeling website that BL is, as many of the buyers here are one timers. I'm really not complaining, as it all pays the same so to speak. Just my observation.
    Katie
  • The website does presently feel rather impersonal, more like Amazon than an actual community of LEGO fans. The stores feel they are part of BrickOwl, rather than someone's own little lair...

Pehaps it is exactly as intended. Personally, I'm hoping that the community-oriented features will begin to develop once the core aspects of buying/selling are pretty much complete.
  • Remember that they can still remove the feedback, so if you ask politely, etc.
  • My suggestion a while back was that negative and perhaps neutral feedback should be "moderated" before being approved and visible.

I feel the system here is fine but COULD be better.

When you look at the transaction once a customer has paid for their goods they have fulfilled their contractual obligation. The only time a seller would need to leave anything but positive is if they are swindled (a fake ONR or chargeback for example).

As soon as a buyer does this it will be noted on their record and visible on the order detail page - personally if I were to see an ONR or chargeback then I would cancel their order, and block them - so a buyer would be foolish to file a false claim.

It is the sellers responsibility to get the goods into the hands of the customer and "as described". If the seller chooses to offer a cheaper (unprotected) service to get the sale, then non-receipt falls on the seller regardless of whether the buyer "chooses" insurance or not - in the EU that is a matter of law under the DSR this is flagrantly ignored by the other place.

Personally I have filtered out "problem" countries and don't ship there - period. Others that maybe borderline then only very low value orders will go First Class Int. then it is Priority Insured.

Most destinations come with delivery confirmation included, why ship to countries that don't or why not use and charge for a service that does?

If in this case it turns out to be "jumping the gun" - highly likely IMO - then once they receive the order they (I believe I am correct in saying) can retract the FB.
    Or if it is unfounded why not see if Admin will remove it?

Last YOU CAN leave a note in the Buyer's feedback - I have done this on eBay - what you cannot do is leave a negative remark in positive FB.

BUT you can give an idea of what happened IF you choose your words carefully and correctly. So IT IS worth having a look at the feedback left for a buyer, if you feel there maybe something amiss

Graham

• I like that sellers can't give retaliatory feedback. I think it promotes more honesty from buyers about seller practices. Just my 2 cents
  • I find it odd that after no communication whatsoever, you decided to leave for me a neutral feedback. I also find it odd that after you left the feedback, you ignored my message in which I simply wanted to understand what exactly I did- and you left this very post indicating that you "like that sellers can't give retaliatory feedback." In fact, I find it rude and offensive. You are publicly and wrongfully implying that, if there was a system in place to leave negative feedback, then I would have left you some sort of retaliatory neutral or negative only because you left me one. This is absurd and something I would never do. I am a buyer myself and I have had my share of less than pleasing orders. Hence, as a seller, I understand and respect the feedback you posted, and would never post anything in retaliation.

I'm still confused why you would choose not to communicate at all yet you could spend time and write this message. You make it seem like that only reason you gave me a neutral was because you could, because I have no way of defending myself if you did. I have no way to post a negative or neutral, not even a way to reply to the feedback you posted. Where is the "honesty" in that? So it's perfectly okay for buyers to give less than positive feedback only because there is no way a seller can defend himself?

Let me ask you something: If a buyer placed an order in your store and left you a neutral feedback without any explanation or communication and then chose to ignore your request to make things right, would you still hold that system is "honest"- even after the buyer indicates that his reasoning behind the feedback was because you couldn't do anything to stop him?

In any case, I always try my best to satisfy my customers. I ship same day, even on Saturdays, I use sturdy packing materials, I organize orders neatly, and if and when something is wrong, I always fix it- especially if I am notified of an error. Yesterday I spent nearly $20.00 to ship less than $2.00 in missing parts to three different international buyers. One buyer even told me that I didn't need to ship the part... I did, however, and I even gave each buyer something extra only because I want to leave them with something positive. And since you decided not to communicate then not only am I not aware of any flaws in the order, but I also cannot make any amends. FYI, BO isn't even sophisticated enough to handle additional charges- there isn't even a function to charge sales tax yet..

---

On a separate note, why is there no function to reply to feedback? I believe this is a crucial aspect and possibly the only resource a seller has to explain his side of the situation. Why should sellers get burned and not have anything to defend themselves with? I'm sure as BO grows, more and more neutrals and negatives will be given to sellers that do not deserve them- as in the case of the OP (who seems to have had the feedback removed :-) and I believe we need a system in place. This probably isn't the first time this was mentioned, but is there any time frame for the implementation of feedback replies? Also, for those in the U.S., when will we be able to add sales tax for orders shipping to states we do business in? I think both of these are important updates that should get some work on, if at all possible. If you need some help on how sales tax works, feel free to send me a message.

Thank you for your time,
    Netaniel
  • Morning all I just wanted to post a follow up. After emailing the buyer he did remove it. I did not mean to start a huge rant. I am just not one to get any neutral or negative feedbacks. Infact, aside from one negative on BL in which admin was even scratching his head at the buyer I haven't gotten a negative at all. I understand that neutral likely would not have affected me in any way but it was frustrating never the less. As Netaniel stated above I always go above and beyond to fix any issue rather it be mailing the correct part, coupons in the buyers favor, etc... basically whatever the buyer would like to see happen within reason the buyer gets. I also package very carefully to insure the customers items arrive safely. The issue here was that the buyer couldn't figure out how to contact me. The only way he seen how was by leaving feedback. It was only after I messaged him and he seen the reply button that he figured it out. On a brighter note he certainly got my attention. ;)

PP
  • So I will defend myself here. I left a neutral for a seller because he placed an entire order of 1x6 and 1x8 bricks in a over-sized zip lock bag and it appeared as an after thought. I felt the item was poorly packed. So I left what I thought was honest and appropriate feedback. I didn't need or want anything from the seller. I am bothered by the notion that if I'm not satisfied I can't leave appropriate feedback.
  • I don't think anyone has an issue with a buyer leaving appropriate feedback. However, it is common courtesy to at least give a seller a heads up and chance to fix a mistake if they make one. Nobody is perfect and mistakes will be made. Allowing someone to fix their mistake and make it right is the appropriate course of action IMO. I am not referring to your particular situation, just my opinion in general.

PP
  • As a buyer (mostly on BL I confess). In over 100 buying transactions, I could have left neutral or negative feedback for any or all of the following:
    Plates arrived stacked.
    Parts packed too tightly in a small mailer without adequate protection
    Took over 1 week to invoice
    Took over 1 week to ship
    Rare part arrived in a plain--torn envelope. Only a small ziplock baggie to keep it from falling out.
    Rare parts ordered turned out to be not so rare look a likes.
    Colors were off or wrong
    Minifigures were assembled
    Advertising sent with package
    Parts arrived smelling strongly of perfume
    1000 part lot only had 998 pieces
    Heads arrived stacked
    Bulk minifigures arrived with all parts unassembled, but mixed in one bag
    Overcharged on shipping
    Pieces missing from order
    New pieces were excessively scratched
    Parts were mixed with way too much pet hair
    Seller had to change item specifics (new to used) after order was placed
    Sent wrong minifigures
    Minifigures were sent with wrong hands (I bought them for the hands)

In the end, I let the ones slide that weren't such a big deal, and I emailed the sellers on the ones where I had concerns. I found every sellers willing to work with me and make up for their mistake, or be appreciative of constructive feedback. I have no desire to complain about a seller that I don't even give a chance to. I think that a buyer has the right to be satisfied with their order. It is what they have paid for. But it is also of great importance for a seller to be satisfied with a transaction. If I am just at the mercy of my buyers, and there is no room for response or communication, then I will eventually stop selling. Fortunately, most buyers are also concerned if the transaction was good for the seller as well. They forgive little mistakes, and even come back for more.

On BL I have one neutral feedback (over a customs issue). I know for a fact, that I could have 100 if every time I made a mistake or my packaging wasn't up to the buyers expectations, or my response time on a rush order was just a little slow---the list goes on and on. But I do my best, and I am thankful for all the buyers who give me that chance before going to the feedback system.

I do think that on BO we will find a higher percentage of bad feedback simply because a smaller percentage of buyers leave feedback, but the ones who had a bad experience or more likely to come and leave some kind of feedback. I do hope that even those buyers will be willing to work with sellers before leaving feedback.

@Admin
    Maybe you could make it mandatory that a buyer contact a seller (and give them say 48 hrs) before the option to leave a non positive is even available to them.

My 2 cents on the matter,
    Katie
  • I have removed the feedback because I didn't give the seller a heads up. I feel this is wrong, but apparently the community doesn't. (Please stop sending me messages about it) Even though I want nothing from the seller, except to give real feedback about the transaction.
    I feel if we as buyers don't leave accurate feedback then how will anything improve?
    For instance, lets say a seller is constantly has missing pieces in orders, but fixes them each time, and buyers don't leave appropriate feedback. Will anything ever change? It ought to, but the seller is never really met with any criticism, so odds are they won't.
    Another for instance, seller doesn't properly ship item appropriately, but I let the store refund me some money so I won't post a negative or neutral. Does that alert other buyers to the situation? A store could do that hundreds of times and no one would know. Is that the type of system we want?
    I have received two neutrals on the other site, and I learned more from them then the thousands of positives.
  • People have been sending you messages? That's creepy, those who have done this should step back and mind their own business. Commenting on issues with the feedback system is one thing, getting personally involved in someone else's transaction is something entirely different.
  • I think that people in general respond better to a helpful suggestion and constructive criticism, then they do to being hit with something they weren't expecting.

As far as sellers just getting away with buying their buyers off and repeating the same mistakes over and over. This is true to some extent, but it also true that bad practices will catch up with you when you make them a habit.

Some sellers are scatterbrained and others are color blind. I can forgive these things much quicker than being uncaring and irresponsible. I think communication really opens the door to let you know what sort of a seller you are dealing with. From there it is easier to give your honest feedback.

Katie

• I apologize for being antagonistic in this thread, I shouldn't have responded here on the forum to the seller, I should have discussed this with the seller else where. I done here.