New Paypal Policy Updates

Just reviewed the New Paypal Policy Updates that go into effect May 15, 2014. Do any of these changes make you concerned? If so, will you continue accepting Paypal payments and try to find another company to handle payments? I'm curious what you all think of the changes that are coming.
Melissa

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Some of them are definitely cause for concern. I am still trying to understand the implications of all of them. I have made inquiries with PayPal but have not received a helpful human response yet.

Thor
  • Lawrence,
    Are there plans to implement other payment types other that Paypal? If they start messing with me as a result of the new policy updates, I'd like to have other payment methods in place in case I need to turn off the Paypal payment option. I would feel less stuck if I had other options than being stuck with accepting Paypal's latest 'If you don't like it - too bad' policy update.
    The list of top 10 Most popular online payment solutions are: 1. Google Wallet, 2. Paypal 3. Amazon Payments, 4. Dwoola (Paypal competitor), 5. Authorize.net, 6. WePay, 7. ACH Payments, 8. Stripe, 9. 2CheckOut, and 10. WooCommerce. Please make more options available.
    Melissa
  • Stripe is the main competitor we implement, that allows customers to pay via credit card. If I remember correctly, Google wallet is US only. I considered Amazon payments, but it doesn't integrate very nicely with the party checkouts.

What are the implications of the PayPal update?
  • @Thor

Would you be willing to share any pertinent facts you discover?

I am unable to decipher legalese!
    … Best of luck finding a human there, and even more so one that speaks English

@Admin What is Stripe? and does it integrate like PP?

Thanks!
  • Google Wallet I believe is no longer available for merchant transactions either, Only digital transactions.