Brickstore File Upload Merge

http://brickowl.com/mystore/inventory/import

Would someone like to try out the Brickstore merge upload option? I think it works, but want to see if it matches what you expect it to do.

Comments

• 13 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • That is great, really easy.

The different setting did what they were supposed to no issues I saw with a common item test. I will try it with a big set tonight and see how that goes. What can I expect happens with items not in the catalog here?

Being able to use a negative quantity was useful, good that it caught a zero price.

I did try it on an item I hacked over here with the csv upload, not sure it that would have had the external id, but it merged that lot and did not separate it.

• I have not tried but this is a major update I was really looking forward to! Thanks!

If the prices on Brickstore and BO inventory do not match, what happens when lots merge? Current inventory price stands?
  • Forgot to mention, private and public remark fields would be really important to some people the way they organize their inventory.
  • The price is not used in the merge, you get to choose if it should use the price currently on the website, or your upload price.

I have made it so the public and private notes must be the same for the merge.

In the future, you will be able to set the price to the price history
  • edited July 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Actually, not sure how private note merging should work. People who use it for inventory locating, they dont want to retype it on every upload. Dads AFOL uses it in the public note. Maybe I need merge settings?
  • Sitting here now, sort of nervous I can't back up my inventory here before a bigger upload. Going to do it because I am just comparing two locations. But right now I have added things a few different ways, and don't want to think about the work the work it would be with just what I have now, to figure things out if something messed up.

Again, no time to figure out that API way of doing it myself now.

While working on pricing here I am wondering, can you make an option so I can sync my prices but nothing else from a big CSV file?

No new lots created, no numbers changed, just find common lots and overwrite the price from the file?

That would save me so much time to have a tool like that available, here and elsewhere. More time spent here working with awesome tools, more odds I will list more here and shop while doing so. :)
  • edited July 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    When I finish this inventory editing stuff (set inventories), I'll slap so many options on that screen you won't be able to find the upload button :)
  • Looking forward to both.

Tried an upload with a bunch of merges in it and some worked, some did not. New lots and totals were perfect.

Why it duplicated some I don't know. Worked for some things and not others in the same category.
  • I've added a bunch more options to the form.

With regards to only updating prices, I guess you would need to do the XML thing, but using Brick Owl lot IDs. I will have a think if there is a better way.
  • @walstib from the site updates, Automatic daily inventory backups with XML and CSV download options http://brickowl.com/mystore/inventory/backups
  • Thanks so much, on my list of new things to try. I'm having trouble keeping up.
    With regards to only updating prices, I guess you would need to do the XML thing, but using Brick Owl lot IDs. I will have a think if there is a better way.
    I think I just said CSV because I have seen it here so often, not sure I've used that format before. XML would probably have been more appropriate for what I almost know.

Not sure what the "XML thing" is though (use excel? where is Marc...) but as said above, I have enough on my list.

Joe
  • Peace of mind having you do a back up automatically, and being able to have a copy.

No rush but as the list grows, I did not see a way to import back the same type of file so it creates items. Eg, Delete everything, upload manipulated file, no bricklink lot ids

Either a download in BSX or create/merge upload in XML ... both...

Thanks again

Joe