Quote requests

@Admin (Lawrence) I am getting nothing but quote requests on international orders. This started a few days ago. Nothing has changed on my end and it was never an issue before. I have perimeters set up for countries such as UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc... but everything is forcing quotes. Has something been changed within Brick Owl that I am not aware of? There is nothing I can see in the order itself that would force a quote.

PP

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Maybe your customers like the quotes?
    I had a customer who messaged me and apologized for ordering First Class because he always uses the quote feature, and I have it disabled for their country since I have shipping methods set-up.

Maybe just their preference?
    Chris
  • No I have that disabled. I forgot to mention I have it set to only if no other option is available.

PP
  • I'm able to put small items in my cart and get a normal shipping method, bigger items lead to only the quote method. Maybe check you have appropriate methods setup? You can change the country in the cart to view shipping methods available for other countries.
  • I checked the shipping cost calculations in this store by adding a single technic pin (2780) and it gives me only the request a quote option (from Canada). I checked a few other countries and it seems that only for the USA it provides actual shipping rates. It seems to match exactly what PP reported.

Gerrit
  • edited April 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Strange, I tested from Canada yesterday and just now and get rates without issue. Picking multiple countries.

I also only get request a quote adding some instructions and making it a bigger cart. Just one fig there was no issue.

Volume limits one thing to check.

EDIT: Just testing with a pin instead of a fig and I did not get a price, same as Gerrit.
  • I changed my region and added some small items in my cart and it gave me a shipping option, request a quote only became visible when I added some bigger items. Any way to post a screen shot of your 1st class international shipping page? Perhaps someone could spot something off...
  • Also, do you use any dimension settings in your methods?
  • I found out that a lot of minifig utensils have no dimensions. Because of this I get a lot of quotes. Even minifig utensils don't fit anymore in an envelope, due to the missing dimensions.

I started to add the dimensions of those items, so calculations of the shipping costs will go right after filling in these missing dimensions.

Frank
  • I will look into it and see if I can figure it out. It has only started in the last few days. I haven't gotten a quote in forever and all the sudden I started getting quotes from across the globe. I have had international orders ranging anywhere from less than an ounce all the way up to over a lb. without an issue.

I suspect after reading the comments there is likely something without dimensions in the order. Although it looks like normal bricks, parts, pieces, etc... maybe something was missing.

Also, I don't use dimension limits but whatever is there by default was left there and not taken out.

Going back through the orders that were quoted, two of them had a 16x16 baseplate which may have been the culprit. I thing I read before that the baseplate and instructions category will force quotes.

I will continue to investigate and see if I can figure it out. Thanks for all the help.

PP
  • Okay the first thing I noticed that may be of importance is the reason a single piece like say one small axle is forcing quote is because it is below my minimum. @Admin (Lawrence) would have to verify as it is just my guess but the very second I put enough in the cart to get to my minimum it shows the shipping option.

That wouldn't be related to the quotes I received as they are well over the minimum. But, it would answer the questions above.

PP
  • No items force quotes, but baseplates are big, so would go over many dimension limits.