Wedge, Wing, or Plate

For the catalog names, do you prefer:

Wing
Wedge, Plate
Plate
Or something else?

For parts like this:

http://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-medium-stone-gray-plate-6-x-6-without-corner-6106

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I would just suggest to adopt one of the existing nomenclatures, either LDraw's or Bricklink's, but not create a third one! :)

In LDraw, parts "without Corner" aren't called "Wings", but wedge plates of other shapes are. Part 6106 would be "Plate 6 x 6 without Corner".
  • I would put that in my Wing section.
  • Looks like LEGO calls them corner plates, so there is more than two already.

I like the simple names that don't try and include the category.

People coming from LEGO sites searching words instead of numbers, this where I would focus.

6x6 Corner Plate

Going with Ldraw, and I can understand those benefits, I would switch it to how I say it.

6 x 6 Plate Without Corner

• Can categories have tags? That way "wedge" could have a tag of "wing" and "corner" and you wouldn't need to remember to tag each new part in that category.
  • No, but the wedge category has wing in brackets, and lego names (which may have corner in them) are searchable.
  • @Admin I was really asking what your preference was.

Right now, sort by category and then by name in alphabetical order. On orders with a lot of wedges, I find myself going back and forth between bins a lot because some are wings, some are wedges, and some are plates. So I just want to know what the best way to update the catalog is before sending through a lot of changes.
  • I don't know, some are wings, some are wedges, some are wedge plates, but I wouldn't name them plate with cut corner.