Mold variations

From my previous post on searching catalog: -

On the specific part mentioned, the undetermined version apparently appears in 0 sets - is that the protocol for undetermined variants?

- in which case stores that "don't differentiate mold variations" will be forced to list as one or the other variant - whereas shouldn't the undetermined variant be the default for those stores (including mine)?

Also (IMO) the "undetermined variant" should appear along side the other variants, also with TLG part #'s and sets it "comes in"?

Thoughts?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Undetermined parts will eventually be removed. They don't exist, so they don't come in any set, or have design ids etc. it's also not possible to list against them from the UI.

If stores don't differentiate, they can pick one of the variations at random.
  • whats the default when uploading from a bsx file?

The problem with listing random, is (from experience) many buyers still expect the parts to be the variant as listed - EVEN from a store that does not differentiate - because of this I find myself attempting to keep them separate (and listed correctly) - which defeats the purpose of "not differentiating parts"
    and with the + or x hole I cannot see the difference the main reason why I choose not to differentiate...
  • If you don't differentiate, the name will not include the variation, and there is a big message about it on the item in your store. When using bsx, there is no default, it's whatever item the bsx contains.
  • I have selected to not differentiate, although you do have to select which variant when parting out. The particular annoyance to me is 4070 with or without slot. Surely this should be a case where you don't need to select the variant, if you don't differentiate?