Not sure what I'm doing wrong when purchasing lego or just horrible system

First time buying from Brickowl from Bricklink and I'm already hating it.
I made about 10 wishlists meant to be MOC sets I am creating. 1 store had 2 very rare pieces that I needed so I thought I'd buy other pieces that I needed in that store as it made sense. I clicked on all wishlists on the right side when you're in the store and it automatically added what I needed.

I only found out after a few days of purchase it seemed to have added more pieces than I required which would explain the high cost. So example, (as shown on attachment) I needed 66 LEGO Half Pin with Stud (4274) any condition but it seems to have added 66 ''used'' and 46 ''used'' in the cart. Sometimes new or used it depends.

Are you telling me that I have to manually go through each piece and put a 0 on all pieces I do not need before adding to the cart?

On top of that what's even more annoying is that once I have purchased the parts that I need I can update the wishlist. Only to find out it removes them from the wish list. This means I don't even know what pieces that I bought go to which mocs. Not even the purchases say what pieces go into which wishlist. Is there a way around this?

Is this how it works or am I doing something wrong? Never had to deal with a problem like this with Bricklink as far as I can remember.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Regading the wishlist thing in stores, yeah, if you use the store view and you have selected "any condition", then this might happen. I use the wishlist tool for avoiding that:
    1. Open this page:
    https://www.brickowl.com/stores
    2. Click on Wishlist magic.
    3. Select the wishlists that you want to buy the parts for.
    4. Tick the store(s) that you want to buy from and it will automatically allocate all the parts with the needed quantities for you.
    5. Click "Add to cart" at the bottom of the page.
    And then you should be already familiar with the rest.

Regarding the "update wishlist(s)", yeah, that is somewhat an issue, if you have multiple wishlists and you are updating them at the same time. You are able to deselect the wishlists you do not want to update, but be cautious - it will mess up the quantities...
    I, personally, have just made screenshots of those lines where the quantities are updated and then I divide the parts afterwards according to the screenshots. But it would be good to be able to check the history somehow of which parts were removed from which wishlist...
  • Ah, that makes sense. Thought it was better the way I was doing it but it would appear not.

Thanks for the answer and advice.