Why does any email address get removed from any message to or from customer?

I have a customer who has placed an order and are having problems paying with paypal through Brickowl for whatever reason. So I thought I would just send him my email address and he could pay that way. Upon receipt of them receiving the email they say the email address has been removed. So I can't even get his email address so I can send him a money request/invoice through paypal.
I have asked him to contact admin. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you want to send a paypal invoice, on the contact page, there is a brickowl email address you should be able to use.

The reason is two fold, to remove the special brickowl email addresses which need to stay private, and to prevent messaging outside the messaging system. I may change it if I can better deal with the first issue.
  • @Admin - perhaps you could set up a key word filter (looking for folks trying to avoid fees) - I doubt there are many who would…
    besides as soon as a buyer receive a paypal payment you have the possibility of direct communication between buyer/seller.
    It's about honour really - I have had a couple of suggestions of folks trying to buy "direct" - to which I ask politely "please make the purchase thru my store"

Look at it another way - many members start fee avoidance - you make no money - close the site - we ALL loose!

honour and integrity thats what it is (or should be) about = honesty

G

• Hi admin, I have found the Brickowl email address. I don't understand how this would work. I am trying to receive money for an order placed in my store. I believe the customer has emailed you directly also.
  • If you use that email address on the paypal invoice, it should send the paypal invoice to the customer. If they were meant to pay using paypal for personal accounts, they can also just click the link to pay in their order confirmation email regardless.
  • @staceylove It looks like you sent the PayPal invoice to the brickowl.com e-mail address. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant you need to go to the contact page for the customer, and on the customer's contact page, there is a unique e-mail address that can be used to send a PayPal invoice to.
  • Okay, I have now done what you said but I also got this after putting in the email address.
    With the details you have submitted we are unable to confirm that the recipient has registered with us. PayPal will send an email to the recipient explaining how to complete your transaction.