Tracking info

I have noticed when clicking on click and drop for postage (where it automatically feeds through to Royal Mail), the system is putting in the royal mail ID as tracking, even if it is not tracking. This is a major issue as if a customer clicks on this link, the chances are that it will show as not delivered, as unless it is a proper tracking number it doesn't always show as delivered. My real concern is that a customer may see this, click on it and claim parcel has not been delivered when it may have been. I will go back to manual method for now, but this is a heads up.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Could you give an example order number so I can see what you are referring to?
  • I've deleted most of them now but if I purchase a large letter parcel, non-tracked, it gives a number such as this: 110E599C1F5 (this is one I didn't delete) which was sent end of June. The system put this number in the tracking field. If you check this on the Royal Mail tracking system it will appear to show as not delivered, but it has and in this case, customer has marked as received.
  • My understanding was that with those tracking IDs. They don’t provide tracking as such but they show full delivery confirmation if it’s scanned when it’s delivered. Is that not the case?
  • Most small parcels do because they have the postie has to knock on door to deliver so they will scan at that point. But large letters, sometimes they scan but most just get chucked through the door and not scanned and these are the problem. If you use track and trace to view these it will always show as not delivered (a message like will update when delivered...it never will). So, if a buyer clicks on a link to a large letter tracking info on their order, it's likely they will believe their parcel has gone astray. My worry is there may be unscrupulous people out there who can use this to their advantage.
  • Understood, unfortunately I'm not sure what to suggest.