UK postage rates.

Just a heads up for UK buyers and sellers if you haven't seen it yet. Postage prices are changing from 7th October.

First class stamps, 2nd class parcels and Tracked 48 (over the counter) prices going up at a quick glance.

Here's the in-store and online price lists:

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/royalmail.com/files/2024-09/online-price-guide-october-2024-v2-ta.pdf

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/royalmail.com/files/2024-09/our-prices-october-2024-v1-ta.pdf

Matt

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It's a weird increase, on the online tariff I use only 1st class up to 250g has increased and tracked 24 small parcel 2kg. They must have a longish term plan. I wouldn't be surprised if one day they try to lose the large letter and move it all to small parcel then everything goes tracked, less claims.
  • I heard somewhere the plan is to move everything to tracked24 and tracked48 and just keep traditional 1st and 2nd for letters. First step was starting tracked48 in post offices instead of just online.
  • All packages over 100gms large letter if sent via the post office and you get proof of postage gives you a number that can be entered into the Royal Mail search and it tells you if it has been delivered. Found this out from the village post office manager about 10 days ago.
  • @Neiljones Yes, if you use click and drop, you can do this directly from your account.
  • It's hit and miss. Works most of the time with non-tracked small parcel but large letter not so often. It has helped me a few times.
  • Royal Mail are killing websites like these - the prices are ridiculous now!!
    Thank god 2nd class haven't increased - yet
  • We don’t bother with 1st class anymore. This is because the post master said it makes no difference between the two. We sent a small parcel Saturday morning 48 hour tracked because of the value. It should have been delivered today but was delivered yesterday.
  • Mostly a 1st class increase - online prices for Large Letters increasing 40-60p (!) depending on weight (more in a Post Office).