Changed the Dimensions to pickup cheaper shipping - doesnt work plus...

Help. Changed the dimensions in my settings, in order for the site to pickup the cheaper shipping. Part #20695 1.7mm. I changed it from 1.6mm to 1.7mm but the part still shows parcel shipping. The shipping rate first time round, is this cemented? Do I have to delete the part entirely, and have to re-enter it?

Help. The min. inventory value in setting, I had to change it to .00 cause it kept picking up the value, say .03 and adding to my existing price of any part in an update. Why does this do this? That setting I am asuming was so, when you do an update or adding a new part does not go below that amount, but instead it is adding. Fun Times this week. Anyway, an explanation, on how this min. amount works. I would assume as it states, any part would not go below the entered value in settings. Is there a bug in the system? And has anybody else noticed this?

Thank you in advance. I do hope there is a good explanation for all of this.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm confused - the part is 1.7cm x 1.7cm x 1.7cm, so according to your homepage will fit in a 2cm letter, but you refer to changing your settings to 1.7mm! Surely this is the reason it's defaulting the pumpkin (and I imagine everything else) to parcel rate. Check your letter settings again for where the decimal point is, as dimensions are in mm, not cm (should be 20mm, not 2.0mm)

As for the minimum inventory value someone else will have to chip in - it's not something I understand.
  • Thank you for responds Jay37. My setting 280 mm x 17 mm x 200 mm. Part 20695 is written as 1.7cm x 1.7cm x 1.7 cm. Should this not work? I can not change mm to cm as its perm. in the program.
  • Sorry was late last night and I miss typed the dia. In my query.
  • Ok, so as I understand from your shipping information, Canada Post have a maximum thickness of 2cm for large letter (in the UK it's 2.5cm). Your dimensions state 1.7cm is the maximum thickness, but that will include the packaging. So unless your packaging has zero thickness, it will push it to the next level. I set my large letter dimensions to 2.1cm, allowing me 0.4cm for packaging. If you reset yours to 2cm it should put the pumpkin into a large letter band, and allow for 0.3cm worth of packaging. When you set dimensions the recommendation is to allow for the packaging too. See attached...
  • Yes, Canada Post has a Max. Thickness of 2 cm for Oversized. I changed setting to 17 mm from 16 mm. Giving me 3 mm for packaging. The part is 17 mm x 17 mm x 17 mm, it should if into the smallest band. If I set it at 20 mm there is no room for packaging. I did check to see if this band was enabled, and it is. This morning, I also, deleted the part and created a new part, still picks up the next band.
  • Ok, without knowing your packaging, I will make an assumption that it is a box of 1mm thickness. If you state this band has a maximum depth of 18mm (so allowing the pumpkin) adding 2mm packaging will meet Canada Post's threshold (but not exceed it), and it should default correctly.

Obviously, if your packaging is thicker (inclusion of bubble wrap, say) and Canada Post is probably not going to change their shipping bands, then this is almost certainly going to be a constant thorn in your side when parts get close to your chosen dimensions.

I guess it depends on how much protection you want to give your items and whether customers are willing to pay a higher rate in case it has to go into a larger band.
  • I know I can go up to 20 mm in height with Canada Post including everything. when I set the band to 17 mm in theory it should pickup Canada Post Oversized Mail. It doesnt. I set it back to 16 mm for a correct allowance for packaging. On this particular part, I have a public note and to request a quote. I tested it with the slot of doom and packaging and fits the band. In the past I have changed the width time to time Never had a problem until now. Thank you for time Jay37!!! It's really appreciated!!