Automatically Mark Order as Shipped

I saw that for orders with USPS tracking, BrickOwl pulls the latest tracking status to display on the order page. I assume this is also done with at least some other shipping services as well.

I was wondering if it would be possible or desirable for BrickOwl to automatically update order status to Shipped if the order status is set to anything except received, if BrickOwl sees that the shipping service has possession of the package.

I know it's not necessarily a frequent occurrence, but it would help in the case where shippers forget to mark the order as "Shipped" but tracking is providing proof that it is. I would not suggest using it as the sole or primary method for marking packages shipped, but it would help in the rare but awkward situations when a buyer gets their package and it's still marked "Processing"

I would also say that I don't know what triggers a shipping update to BrickOwl, but I suspect it might be only when a user opens the order page. I think it's fine to only do this status check at those times, not proactively.
This discussion has been closed.