BrickSync condition mis-match

Got an email from an upset customer that the CMFs that we sent were not as described.

In the master inventory on the other site they are listed as NEW, Complete but NOT sealed. Here they are NEW+SEALED.

Before contacting BrickSync I wanted to ask here first - is this a known issue? Is this perhaps a NEW issue? I am nit sure how to fix this, as this should be addressed at either BrickSync or BO side.

Lukas

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • As far as I am aware, BrickSync is no longer supported, but the community on here may be able to advise.
  • As far as I remember and can see.
    On BL you have no sub-condition, so only new and not complete.
    And probably here on BO your default setting for a set is New (Sealed).

So when a new item arrives from Bricksync without a sub-condition, BO will put in the default thus sealed.

Either make sure on BL everything is set as New, Complete (make sure bot condition fields are filled), or set the BO default to New (Complete).
  • We have contacted the store about this, but for any other members that have the same issue, it is an issue of an incorrect condition on BL. A condition of "New" on BL means "New Sealed".

https://www.bricklink.com/help.asp?helpID=102
    https://www.brickowl.com/help/item-conditions
  • @Lawrence thank you for the input. I have resolved the issue HOWEVER it was not an 'operator error', so to speak.

As far as I can tell - it was either an issue with BrickStore not forwarding the correct condition setting when uploading the item for sale initially OR BrickLink must have changed the condition markings at some point. I am leaning towards the latter.

The listing in question had an 'X' condition marking on BL side. Interestingly enough - there is no 'X' tag for condition settings on BL help-pages, but I do have this setting on many listings for some reason. Including some that have been sold-out years ago.

On BL store side Sets that are 'NEW' with an 'X' sub-condition show up simply as NEW, without additional sub-condition defined for the the buyer. Check the picture below to see that on BL you can end up having both 'NEW' and 'NEW Sealed' conditions. This renders your explanation to not being correct.

Any sellers who are reading this and also have older listings for sets at BL side - can you check whether you also have 'X' condition at BL side on some sets and if you perhaps have the same issue? Not really a problem if your sets are actually sealed, but I happened to have a different case. @Lawrence please keep an eye for the replies, this might be a wide-spread issue needing a mass-announcement.