Keeping both stores in snyc

Can anyone recommend how they are doing this?

Have you got a completely separate inventory?

I know there are API's being worked on to create programs are any in existence?

Thanks for the heads up!

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I use brickpacker.com. He charges 2% of the order total, which is totally worth it if you want to sell on both sites.

As for the API, it's not going to happen. BrickLink has claimed everything on their side as proprietary, and when I asked, specifically said that they would not allow me to disclose my API key to Brick Owl for inventory management.

Enoch
  • I use brickpacker.com. He charges 2% of the order total, which is totally worth it if you want to sell on both sites.

As for the API, it's not going to happen. BrickLink has claimed everything on their side as proprietary, and when I asked, specifically said that they would not allow me to disclose my API key to Brick Owl for inventory management.

Enoch
    I tried Brickpacker, but I don't quite understand how it works... Maybe it's just me haha.
  • Right now I am syncing my own inventory back and forth using Brickstock. But if the owner of brickpaker.com were to post some more detailed information and how to use this site, I might be persuaded to sign up.
    The LAST thing I want to do is mess something up that I don't know how to fix.
    Also, is the fee on both BO and BL orders--I assume.
    Katie
  • Katie it is in his forum. There is a step by step set up. It is super easy. I would also be more than willing to help anyone who needs help with it as I have fully figured it out and it is a life saver.

PP
  • Thank you @Plastic-Paradise
    Gerrit emailed me, and I am currently working on setting things up.
    Katie
  • Yeah brickpacker is pretty tough to use at first, but Gerrit is super helpful. He basically walked me through it via email and answered all my questions. After using it for awhile you start to get it.
  • Also, he recently lowered his price to 1% of the order total.
  • BrickOwl would benefit enormously from a little open-source program, running on each seller's computer all day, connecting to both APIs and monitoring orders to keep inventories in sync. Has anyone considered writing this? Perhaps with the blessings and support of the BrickOwl crew?

Regarding BrickPacker, a commission of 1% still seems pretty high, but of course they presently hold a monopoly on the service :).