Proposal - Add some more Forum moderators to kill off spam

Maybe add some (more) forum moderators able to either remove spam posts or mark as such for an admin to remove later??

I don't think it's just me in thinking that dog bites have little to do with our bricks (ok, teeth marks, maybe.. and Spanish messages about typography, less so.

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Could you name a few topics ? Because i am not following you with this spam you talk about !?
  • I'm guessing perhaps they aren't needed as the spam has now gone - the likes of that written by DogsW - which has been deleted :)
  • I must admit this is one place I don't think I've ever seen a spam post.
  • They get everywhere :)
  • Ah okay sorry then :-)
    But yes, it is very little spam we see in this forum. So i guess it was a one time thing :-)
  • Moderators create hierarchy, and not in a good way generally, even if its fine at first. I say this as someone who has been a mod on forums, and also been bullied by moderators on forums. I vote no.

I'd rather have a behind the scenes admin if it was needed.
  • Yesterday there indeed was some spam, I think 5 new topics and 1 reply to an older one.
    But as far as I see it's rare, it doesn't happen very often and after reporting it, it doesn't stay on the forum very long.

And I'm not in favor for mods as well, I don't think they are needed on BrickOwl.
    An option, if more spam gets in, would be a 'report spam' button, when clicked by x amount of people the topic gets hidden so it can be reviewed later by Lawrence.
  • I like Mark as spam - and if you get a number of these the post could be hidden until reviewed...
  • I like that idea as well :)
  • I do not think we need anything really. First poster wrote 12:07 and i wrote 1:30 and i guess by my time and confusion that whatever spam was posted, was gone. So i am not sure how more fast that could be in terms of more people, or Lawrence seeing it himself.

And as mentioned before, it is like none existing that spam or something like that is posted here on the forum. Brickowl is just a very good and honest place where we all are being nice to each other :-)
This discussion has been closed.