Tweaks to Request a Shipping Quote Feature

The Request a Quote Feature is something I am still reviewing here. So far, so good. Good one today and responding was quick and easy. Still no order though.

I would like to suggest three tweaks to this feature:

First, with each request, please include statistics for the requester showing how many requests the requester has submitted and how many orders the requester placed after receiving a quote. For example "Requester has placed 5 orders after receiving 8 quotes".

Second, please give sellers the option to block quote requests from buyers who place orders for less than 33% or x% of quotes received. Thus, for example, some sellers may prefer not to deal with quote requests from buyers who overuse this feature and rarely place orders. To make this meaningful, no buyer should be blocked from requesting quotes until they have made at least 10 quote requests on BO (actually, after they have RECEIVED 10 quotes in response to their requests).

Third, please give sellers the option of putting a deadline to their shipping quotes. In other words, the buyer should act upon the quote and place the order within X number of days (with X to be selected by each seller). If they don't place the order in time, the quote will automatically time-out and expire from the BO system. This will be particularly useful just before postage rate increases (which happen at least once each year in the USA).

Thor

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • These are good suggestions but I think that if these are added we should also provide some more information/options to the buyer.

Buyers should be able to delete their quote request when they are no longer interested. This would clean up the buyers list of orders and would not waste the sellers time in providing a quote that is not going to be acted upon.

In each store that offers the request a quote option there should be some indication whether the seller provides quotes fairly quickly. For example the percentage of quotes provided within 24 hours of the request.

When the buyer cancels the quote request before the seller responded it would not affect the buyers "quote rating" since the seller did not provide a quote. If the buyer cancels a quote within 24 hours of the request it would not affect the sellers quote percentage.

Gerrit
  • I agree. All good tweaks Gerrit. :)
This discussion has been closed.